Registered Nurse Charge - Infirmary
Company: YesCare Corporation
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Experience & Requirements
- Graduation from an approved nursing education program with a
diploma or an Associate Degree in Nursing required.
- One (1) to Two (2) year of professional nursing
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Requires critical thinking, organizational, decisive judgment,
communication, good customer service skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, be able to work in a
stressful environment and take appropriate actions as needed.
- Must always follow YesCare and departmental policies and
- Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirement.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are
required for this role. YesCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment
opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all
positions without regard to race, gender, national origin,
religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran,
or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected
Veterans. Responsibilities Below is a list of your responsibilities
as a Registered Nurse Charge - Infirmary Day Shift with YesCare:
- Under the direction of the Director of Nursing or Assistant
Director of Nursing, administers the nursing program in the Health
Care Unit; directly supervises one shift and shares 24-hour
responsibility for all nursing and paraprofessional personnel.
- Participates in the recruitment and orientation of new nursing
- Actively participates in in-service training programs and staff
meetings. Organizes training seminars and courses to educate new
staff or introduce new procedures and protocols
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies,
procedures, rules, and regulations of the Health Care Unit; confers
with the Directors of Nursing in matters of policy and program
- Evaluating staff performance and provides corrective measures
- Schedules evaluation conferences for non-supervisory nursing
personnel and participate in their performance evaluations on a
regularly scheduled basis.
- Collaborates with physicians and other members of the
interdisciplinary team to develop and initiate health review.
- Supervises the preparation of records of nursing care and other
treatments given patients. Plans and supervises the implementation
of various nursing care techniques.
- Supervises the emergency medical care given in accordance with
written policies of facility.
- Serve as liaison between nursing staff, and Directors of
Nursing to relay pertinent information, to serve as consultant with
problem solving relative to improving health care delivery.
- Responsible for security of medications, supplies and
- Prepare and submit daily, monthly, and annual medical records
and reports as requested to the administrative staff.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities as
- Attend staff and administrative meetings as requested.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management. YesCare Benefits (only
applicable for full-time positions)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement About YesCare Health
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It's a calling. By
choosing a career with YesCare, you are choosing the opportunity to
truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of
the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider
of correctional healthcare. As a YesCare professional, you have
access to the resources and support to enhance your skills, build a
solid foundation to reach your career potential, and contribute to
the care and well-being of an underserved population. There is no
greater calling. Join YesCare today and be part of our legacy of
innovation and clinical expertise. Join Our Talent Community ID 6
Job Locations US-MD-Baltimore Category Nursing & Nursing Assistant
Position Type Regular Full-time Shift / Schedule Weekday Day
Location ID 91219
Keywords: YesCare Corporation, Baltimore , Registered Nurse Charge - Infirmary, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!