Health Readiness Lead
Company: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laborator
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Health Readiness Lead-17715 Position Description The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Health Readiness Lead to support its National Health Mission Area. The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is a national leader in scientific research and development. JHU APL is located midway between Baltimore and Washington. The National Health Mission Area (NHMA), which resides within the Research & Exploratory Development Department, seeks to revolutionize health through science and engineering through collaboration with partners, such as the Johns Hopkins Enterprise, to discover, invent, scale, and disseminate solutions to health and healthcare challenges. Job Summary: The Health Readiness Lead will direct initiatives to increase the readiness of the military health system by engineering a robust connection and translation from basic research through operational system development. In addition, the Health Readiness Lead will manage and direct health related research and development processes. Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task): 1.Provide expertise and leadership to oversee, manage and execute the research, development and test and evaluation program related to health technologies. Identify needs, perform gap analysis and define research roadmaps. Assess project alignment, performance, and perform course correction where necessary. 2.Coordinate transition of research science and technology in the biomedical domain into the acquisition process. This includes: Identifying potential research activities that are candidates for advanced development, developing transition plans, and preparing for and participating in milestone decision reviews. 3.Assist with Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution. Understand and articulate the budgetary needs to execute the above defined research portfolio. Assess financial expenditures, as compared to technical performance, to ensure programs are properly executed, meet cost, schedule, and performance expectations. 4.Support in conceptualizing and developing new research initiatives. Promote the collaborative exchange of ideas across different disciplines within the NHMA. Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time. Qualifications:Required Qualifications:
- Advanced Degree in the medical, engineering, or health domain (e.g. biomedical engineering, population/ public health or other equivalent technical discipline).
- Experience leading efforts in a health care organization or health system.
- Strong demonstrated skills in leadership, change management, organization learning, and planning.
- Demonstrated ability to address complex problems, develop clear action plans, and facilitate outstanding execution and outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel to local sponsor locations. Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with government acquisition processes and transition of research into applied solutions.
- Experience with civilian healthcare.
- Secret Clearance Special Working Conditions: This position requires the ability to travel up to 40%. Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government secret clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship. Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at . Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. #LI-SR1 #17715 Primary Location *United States-*Maryland-*Laurel Schedule Full-time -
Keywords: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laborator, Baltimore , Health Readiness Lead, Healthcare , Laurel, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!