Company: St. Agnes Healthcare, MD
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Job ID: 275989
Additional Job Information Title:--Radiology Technologist-PRN
City, State:-- Baltimore,MD
Location:-- St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD
Department:---- Diagnostic Radiology 001
Additional Job Details:----PRN,Rotating,--0 hours,Weekly
About Us For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.
Job Description Job Summary:
Radiology Technologist-PRN, takes radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems.
- Prepares and positions patients for x-rays and selects exposure factors accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of the function and operation of all radiographic equipment, anatomy and positioning to ensure consistent quality of radiographic exams.
- Communicates and assists the radiologist.
- Demonstrates competency in the use of the Radiology Information System and PACS/CR system. Instructs students and new hires regarding technical procedures and unit operations.
- Assists in maintaining a clean and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Certified--BLS Provider--specializing in--Health Service Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--Or military CPR-First Aid training.
- Licensed--Radiology Technician--credentialed from the--Maryland Board of Physicians--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Radiologic Technologist--specializing in--Radiography--credentialed from the--American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
Education and Work Experience:
- HS or Equivalent--
- Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and graduate of accredited school of Radiologic Technology at date of hire
- Required: No experience at date of hire. Preferred: One year of experience as a radiologic technologist at date of hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: St. Agnes Healthcare, MD, Baltimore , Radiology Technologist-PRN, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!