Clinical Nurse II-Pediatric Emergency Department-Per Diem-Rotating Shi
Company: The University of Maryland Medical System
Posted on: December 9, 2018
What You Will Do:Be a Part of Something Greater by working in a world class, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center providing expert multidisciplinary care for children from infants to young adults with life-threatening conditions. We meet the unique needs of these specialized populations by integrating safety-focused, family-centered patient care with superb service, while individualizing patient education and psycho-social support. We endeavor to incorporate current evidence and innovative research into our practice, throughout the continuum of care.University of Maryland Medical Center is seeking an Experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to join the Pediatric Emergency DepartmentNursing Team!
- Experienced Nurses (RN), Pediatric experience preferred
- Per Diem Rotating or Night Shift
- 3-12 hr, every 3rd holiday and 3rd weekendThe Pediatric Emergency Department provides care to patients from birth through age 22 that require urgent and emergency care. All patients are triaged upon arrival utilizing a five tier triage ESI assessment.
- Care is provided on a continuous 24 hour basis, 7 days a week. The department features 23 patient care beds that include resuscitation beds, acute care beds, and observational care beds.
- The department cares for approximately 17,000 pediatric patients per year and provides 23 hour observation care services.
- Forty percent of the general population requires emergent care, while the remaining sixty percent require urgent care services. Patient s needs range from emergent critical care and stabilization, requiring advanced life support measures, to urgent and basic care. Twenty three-hour observation care services are available for patients with continued medical and nursing care needs beyond those of a typical emergency care visit.
- The department offers a full range of emergency services ranging from routine procedures, such as wound repair and splinting performed within the department to routine and specialty diagnostic tests, such as CT, ultrasound, nuclear medicine and MRI.
- Multidisciplinary specialty consultation services are available to the pediatric patients.What You Will Do:Demonstrates and models the full range of nursing professional practice in both care provided and in participation in development of strategies to improve patient outcomes, satisfaction with service and cost effectiveness at the unit level. Serves as a fully effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team. Is accountable to peers for the advancement of group practice on the unit, and to the nurse manager for the totality of work performance.We offer:
- An Achievable Professional Advancement Model:Opportunities to progress in function, skills, collaboration, growth, leadership and pay through our advancement model;
- A collaborative work environment;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Centerwith Magnet Designation;
- Work Life Balance: paid vacation, personal days, separate sick time, and floating holidays;
- A full benefit packageincluding a three tiered health, vision & dental package, life insurance, Employer paid matching retirement contributions, and other programs;
- A competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against market standards.
- Tuition reimbursement for your continued education;
- Certification and continuing education reimbursement;Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won t find a more vibrant place to work! Associated topics: arnp, board, cnm, family, gerontological nurse practitioner, gyn, nursing assistant cna, nurse specialist, practitioner, rnp
Keywords: The University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore , Clinical Nurse II-Pediatric Emergency Department-Per Diem-Rotating Shi, Healthcare , Parkville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!