Clinical Practice Dev Educator - Registered Nurse (RN) - Women's Cente
Company: The University of Maryland Medical System
Location: Glen Burnie
Posted on: December 9, 2018
What You Will Do: University of Maryland Medical System at Baltimore Washington Medical Center is seeking an Clinical Practice Development Educator - Registered Nurse (RN) for the Women's Center!
- Full Time, Days, 40hrs
- Charge Nurse Experience required
- BSN required
- must have at least 3 years of L&D or M&B Nursing Experience
- 2yrs Educator exp preferred Labor & Delivery / Family Birthing Center:Pascal Women's Center provides specialized monitoring and continuous assessment, intervention and evaluation of Level II perinatal/obstetric patients experiencing low to minimally high risk pregnancies, who are expected to deliver at 32 weeks or greater gestational age and the delivery of infants who are greater than 1500 grams. Patients receive care in Family Birthing Center as both inpatient and outpatients. Family Birthing Center has approximately 900 births annually.The major diagnoses represented by this patient population incudes:
- Vaginal delivery or Cesarean section, formula feeding, breastfeeding or patients with intentions of breastfeeding.
- Pregnancy complications, such as hypertension, diabetes, cardiac issues, pre-term labor, premature rupture of membranes, trauma during pregnancy, PIH, and hyperemesis.
- Neonatal problems, such as uncomplicated sepsis, substance abuse exposure, hyperbilirubinemia are major diagnosis and the near-term infant population (35-37 weeks). General SummaryThe Clinical Practice Development Coordinator provides clinical and staff development expertise as an educator, leader, consultant, facilitator, change agent and researcher to support the organization in the provision of quality patient care by helping to ensure the clinical competence of nursing staff and foster the delivery of evidenced-based nursing practice. This occurs through the facilitation of the educational process through assessment, development, planning, implementation and evaluation of clinical competency assessment, continuing education and leadership development. Responsibilities include developing and teaching orientation, in-service education and continuing education programs. The CPD Coordinator utilizes evidence-based practices and research that focuses on the knowledge and skills required to care for patients in the assigned area, including quality improvement, safety and regulatory/accreditation requirements. The CPD Coordinator influences care outcomes by providing expert consultation and implementing improvements in health care delivery. The CPD Coordinator partners with the unit leadership team and staff regarding patient care and staff performance issues, participates in setting standards, and maintains knowledge and skills in the areas to which assigned. In addition, as a role model of professional behavior, the CPD Coordinator is instrumental in creating a professional nursing climate within the organization to meet the needs of diverse units. The CPD Coordinator collaborates with the unit leadership and management in the area of specialty to achieve departmental and organizational goals.MissionAll employees are responsible for extending the mission and values of Baltimore Washington Medical Center by dedicating oneself to providing the highest quality healthcare services to the communities we serve.Reporting RelationshipsReports to the Director of Clinical Education and Development. Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, care unit, intensive care unit, neonatal, psychatric, staff nurse, surgery, surgical, transitional
Keywords: The University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore , Clinical Practice Dev Educator - Registered Nurse (RN) - Women's Cente, Healthcare , Glen Burnie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!