Posted on: February 15, 2019
We Are Hiring Respiratory Therapist - Reg - Respiratory Therapy 001 - PRN,Rotating - St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD - Baltimore,MDWork Schedule - mainly nightshift, to include weekend and holidaysWhy Join Employer? For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Employer, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.What You Will Do As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity toProvides evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reviews and evaluates physician orders and prioritizes respiratory care procedures in critical and non-critical care areas. Performs assessments with consideration of patients age specific needs. Monitors and assesses patient response, adjusts therapy as indicated, and takes appropriate actions in accordance with departmental guidelines to address adverse reactions as required. Performs all Respiratory Care Protocols as defined by the Policies and Procedures.
- Gives concise, knowledgeable shift change report to include current status of patients, diagnosis, treatment modalities, any concerns or problems and any education needs. Participates in interdisciplinary patient planning rounds and patient care conferences.
- Participates in activities to maintain a high degree of clinical skills and knowledge. Completes all assigned competencies, attend department in-services and training programs, and assists with the orientation and education of skilled and non-skilled health care personnel, patients and care givers.
- Utilizing independent judgment, performs respiratory procedures (at a minimum of 600 work units per 12 hours) for critical and non-critical care patients of all ages. Procedures include all diagnostic, therapeutic and educational procedures within the scope of practice as outlined in the departments Policy and Procedure Manual. Acts as a lead practitioner when teamed with a CRT practitioner. Recommends therapies to physicians.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Advanced Life Support specializing in Health Service Provider credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Health Service Provider credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Or military CPR-First Aid training.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the Maryland Board of Physicians obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Associate Degree
- Required: AA degree in a AMA accredited program of Respiratory TherapyPreferred: Bachelor Level Degree (BLD)Work Experience:
- Preferred: One year of critical care experience in all areas.Equal Employment Opportunity We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status. Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Baltimore , Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!