RN Homecare Clinician - Benefits Eligible - PG County
Company: MedStar Visiting Nurse Association
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Make a Positive Difference At MedStar Health VNA, nurses make a
positive difference in people's lives by helping patients heal in
the comfort of their own homes. Nurses develop an individualized
care plan for each patient and then help patients and their
caregivers achieve progress toward their goals for improved health
and independence. As a home health nurse at MedStar Health VNA, you
have the autonomy to make individualized patient-centered decisions
to promote optimal clinical care. Qualifications
- EDUCATION: Graduation from a diploma, Associate's degree, or
Bachelor's degree program in Nursing; BSN preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: 2 years acute care experience (ICU, CCU, med-surg,
oncology, gerontology) within last 5 years; 1 year home health
nursing experience preferred.
- LICENSE/CERT/REG: Valid RN license in the District of Columbia,
Maryland or Virginia, or any combination as required based on work
location(s). CPR certification required.
- SKILLS: I.V. therapy skills. Organizational skills. Excellent
verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills
preferred. Position Details:
- Develops and documents individualized plan of care with
specific care interventions and expected measurable patient
- Evaluates progress toward goals and revises plan of care as
- Establishes, documents, and implements personalized teaching
plans for patients and their caregivers to help them achieve
independence at home.
- Performs nursing procedures consistent with homecare protocols.
Interventions reflect knowledge of standard homecare supplies and
equipment used in patient care.
- Initiates and participates in regularly scheduled case
conferences, which include all disciplines. Includes patient and
family in mutual goal setting and care plan revision.
- Maintains necessary clinical records, collects data and
prepares reports on activities.
- Communicates regularly with the patient's physician, home
health care team, and other key members of the care team. About
MedStar Health MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest
quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C.,
region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education,
innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated
physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system,
including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations,
the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly
respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the
medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for
more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the
next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education
and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health
offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal
Keywords: MedStar Visiting Nurse Association, Baltimore , RN Homecare Clinician - Benefits Eligible - PG County, Healthcare , Beltsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!