RN- Registered Nurse - Per Diem Tier 2 - Lactation Center
Posted on: May 19, 2019
We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse - Per Diem Tier 2 - Lactation Center
We are hiring: Are you an experienced Lactation Registered Nurse?
If so, join our amazing Lactation Services team at Saint Agnes'
Bunting Health Institute for Women & Children! #Nursing
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension,
has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional
care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of
excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the
physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best
care for our patients for many years to come.
Why Join Ascension?
- Exceptional Reputation: With 2 operating rooms, 12 labor beds,
2 triage areas and 2 recovery rooms, you'll join the most
experienced maternity professionals in Maryland as part of Saint
Agnes Hospital's team at the Bunting Health Institute for Women &
- Our maternity and OB/GYN services have been recognized for our
compassion and unrivaled commitment to patient safety, so both
mother and baby are in the best, most caring hands.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams
collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and
learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used
across the system. We embrace change if it will improve the outcome
for the patient.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive
compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit
options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time
off and encourage spirituality in the workplace. What You Will
Provides direct nursing care in a diverse healthcare environment in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization.
The role includes making daily rounds on inpatient mothers
(postpartum), NICU mothers, and pediatric as well as other patients
admitted to various units within the hospital that may need
lactation support. Additionally, the consultant may be asked to
support lactating employees, teach breastfeeding classes, and
provide staff education.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Other duties as assigned. Shift Information:
This is a Rotating shift
Tier 2 Requirements:
- 60 (5 shifts) per 6 week cycle
- 2 weekend shift per 6 week cycle
- 1 Winter holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's Day)
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse . Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in
the state of Maryland or compact state.
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant
certification by the IBLCE.
- One or more of the following:
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Current CPR certification from the American Heart Association
(Healthcare Provider card) (BLS-HCP). Education:
- Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing Work
- Required: 18 months of clinical related experience Equal
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability,
marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other
legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension, Baltimore , RN- Registered Nurse - Per Diem Tier 2 - Lactation Center, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!