Company: Christiana Care
Posted on: May 19, 2019
To be a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and
accountability for youth in detention at Ferris School and New
Castle County Detention Center and provides care to these patients
through the nursing process in collaboration with other health care
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform nursing assessments and collect data on adolescent
patients on admission and sick call. Manage patients within scope
of practice with referral to physician or advanced practice nurse
as required. Evaluate plan of care including patient response and
outcomes according to established standards.
- Assess patient knowledge deficits, identify learning needs, and
provide appropriate patient education. Establish and maintain a
sound knowledge base of nursing care necessary for patient
- Respond effectively to emergencies and patient crisis
- Adhere to universal precautions, established infection control
practices, and established safety policies and procedures. Utilize
effective verbal and written communication skills with patients,
management, physicians and the interdisciplinary health care
- Navigating the FOCUS system that provides tracking of
medication prescribed for children in detention. Gathering the
information needed regarding medications prescribed and enter the
medication information into FOCUS.
- Accessing and maintaining the LIMS STD system through the
Delaware Public Health Lab.
- Preparing charts/ information for Psychiatrist to perform
- Completing yearly Vaccines for Children (VFC) trainings and
keeping temperature logs up to date in the Log Tag System,
reporting any temperature outside of the required range
- Maintaining stock supplies/medications as well as their
expiration dates, disposing of properly when necessary.
- Performance Based Standards monthly reports as well as PBS
injury reports as needed.
- Manage patient medication and administer dispensation safely
- Interpret test values and report abnormal values with follow-up
in accordance with specific guidelines. Maintain required
credentials of CPR, mandatory inservice education and required
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge necessary to provide care
appropriate to adolescent patients, including knowledge of growth
and development, the ability to obtain and interpret information to
identify patient needs, and to provide the care needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
BSN, two to three years nursing experience preferred; work
experience with adolescents beneficial. Equivalent combination of
experience and education may be considered. Current RN licensure in
the State of Delaware.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of nursing, and Nursing
Process. Knowledge of Performance Improvement purpose and
- Ability to discriminate between normal and abnormal findings
during nursing assessments. Ability to perform necessary screening
procedures for adolescents.
- Ability to act independently within established procedures and
Wilmington Hospital, Wilmington, Delaware. This 241-bed,
622,100-square-foot facility includes an emergency department and
helipad, and is supported by specialized centers for
rehabilitation, advanced joint replacement, women's health,
pediatrics, behavioral health and memory disorders. This location
also offers diagnostic imaging, lab services and an on-site
surgicenter. The Wilmington Hospital campus serves as Christiana
Care's corporate headquarters and includes the Wilmington Annex,
which hosts adolescent health services, an HIV program, a Community
Health Access Program and the Wilmington Family Medical Center.
Academic medical center, Baltimore area, Best regional hospital,
Community-based medicine, Community health, Clinician, Delaware
hospital, Delaware's largest health system, Electronic medical
records, Epic EMRs, Everest Award-winner, In-patient, Level I
Trauma Center, Magnet -- designation, Nationally recognized,
Outpatient, Philadelphia area, Provider, Surgery center, Teaching
hospital, Wellness, Wilmington, Newark, U.S. New & World Report
ranking, Expert, Serve, Care, Healthcare, Respectful, Dover, Bear,
Middletown, Rehoboth Beach, Bethany Beach, Delmarva Peninsula, New
Castle, Elkton, Maryland, Glasgow, Hockessin, Brookside, Smyrna,
Pike Creek Valley, Milford, Claymont, Pike Creek, Wilmington Manor,
North Star, Seaford, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New
Jersey, Vineland, Millville, West Chester, Kennett Square,
Swedesboro, Carneys Point, Woodstown, Salem, Elmer, Deptford
Township, Washington Township, Pitman, Glassboro, Franklin
Keywords: Christiana Care, Baltimore , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!