Registered Nurse (RN) - Nurse Wound Care Resource
Company: The University of Maryland Medical System
Posted on: June 15, 2019
What You Will Do:Registered Nurse (RN) - Nurse Wound Care Resource
Full-Time Rotating Baltimore, MarylandWe are seeking a full-time
Nurse Wound Care Resource Registered Nurse to join our nursing team
at University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus.University
of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campushas had a long history of
working to keep our community healthy. Located in Baltimore s
cultural center near the historic Mount Vernon neighborhood, UMMC
Midtown Campus is a 200-bed non-profit, community teaching
hospital, and part of the University of Maryland Medical System.
When you join or team of Registered Nurses, you ll become a part of
a close-knit group of more than 1,000 staff members who provide
care in 30+ specialties. Our team is focused on delivering the best
care possible to every patient and to supporting each other.As a
Registered Nurse at UMMC Midtown Campus, you ll experience:
- A competitive pay scale
- A collaborative and compassionate environment
- A comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental and
- Vacation time + sick time + personal days, tuition
reimbursement, retirement contributions and more!When we say our
community we mean it. About the Unit The Wound Healing Center at
University of Maryland Midtown campus is a regional leader for
wound healing excellence, specializing in limb preservation and
complex wounds. Patients enter a program of healing and are
expected to heal within 8-12 weeks.Responsibilities/Tasks
- Under general supervision, consult and educate in collaboration
with nurses and other professionals to assess, plan, implement, and
evaluate the acute, and rehabilitative care designed for patients
with ostomies, complex wounds, pressure ulcers, and
- Support and participate actively in quality management
activities directed at evaluating the outcome of skin and wound
- Provides formal and informal education on ostomy, skin and
wound care for the clinical staff.
- Contributes to the development and dissemination of specialized
knowledge in Wound Ostomy Continence Nursing within the institution
and community, by collaborating with the faculty of the School of
Nursing, and Department of Nursing to develop and implement
- Initiates communication with the clinical staff; plans
educational programs to ensure a consistently high level of service
to patients with ostomies, complex wounds, fistulas, pressure
ulcersand incontinence.Quality Management
- Assists the clinical staff with planning, coordinating,
implementing, and evaluating quality improvement activities for the
prevention of nosocomial pressure sores.
- Establishes professional practice guidelines for UMMS relating
to the scope of Wound Ostomy Continence Nursing.
- Develops the clinical staff's ability to assess and improve
compliance with such guidelines by designing and implementing
- Works closely with the Quality Management Committees to
collaboratively develop action plans to enhance the outcome of
pressure ulcer prevention and treatment program.Research and
- Participates in product research programs.
- Evaluates ostomy, incontinence and wound care products for
- Makes formal product recommendation to the appropriate hospital
committee based upon evaluation outcome.What You Need to Be
- Bachelor s degree in Nursing and a graduate of a school of
Wound Ostomy Continence Nursing is required.
- Current licensure in the State of Maryland as a Registered
- Certified by Wound Ostomy Continence Nursing Certification
Board is required.
- CPR required.
- Two years of clinical enterostomal therapy experience is
preferred.We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: bsn, care unit, intensive, intensive care,
maternal, nurse clinical, nurse rn, psychatric, registered nurse,
Keywords: The University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore , Registered Nurse (RN) - Nurse Wound Care Resource, Healthcare , Parkville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!