Senior Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Progressive Care
Company: The University of Maryland Medical System
Posted on: June 15, 2019
What You Will Do:Senior Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Progressive
Care Full-Time Night Shift Baltimore, MarylandCome elevate your
skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet
designated Academic Medical Center with a comprehensive and
technologically advanced surgical suites. We are looking for
talented Cardiac Progressive Care Senior Registered Nurses to join
our nursing team here at University of Maryland Medical Center.As a
Registered Nurse at UMMC, you ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement model:Opportunities to
progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an
Academic Medical Centerwith a nursing centered care model and
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and
dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free
Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a
base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for
your graduate degree at University of Maryland School of
Nursing.Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and
Camden Yards, you won t find a more vibrant place to
workResponsbilities/TasksThe following statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this classification. These are not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by
personnel so classified.
- Provides independent care of unit specific patient population;
serves as Clinical Resource for others, utilizes and integrates
evidence into practice, functions effectively in roles specific to
unit (such as arrest team for ICU, triage for ED, etc).
- Serves as a clinical expert and professional resource for the
unit nurses. Utilizes clinical expertise to teach nurses informally
on the unit in a structured role or through formal teaching in
- Advances clinical practice on the unit, consistently integrates
evidence into practice and uses this as a firm foundation for unit
- Leads efforts to address Nursing Sensitive Quality Indicators
(NSQI) improvement opportunities; develops/implements and evaluates
- Leads performance improvement initiatives by designing,
implementing, evaluating, and disseminating results.
- Monitors patient and unit safety standards; actively
contributes to development and implementation of improvement
- Coaches CNI and CNIIs on PI and/or evidence-based
- Complies with, participates and leads regulatory activities in
the unit/division or organization.
- Leads in the development of Performance Improvement, or
Evidence Based Practice, or research at the unit level.
- Performs charge role as scheduled; coaches new charge
- Oversees unit orientation program. Plans clinical experiences
- Serves as a unit steward such as liaison for lab, nutrition,
- Role models and holds peers accountable for Health Work
Environment guidelines (communication, collaboration, effective
decision making, recognition, leadership, staffing)
- Orients nurses to unit level governance structure and
- Serves as an expert preceptor, coach and mentor to new nurses,
students and preceptors What You Need to Be Successful:
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or
eligible to practice due to Compact state agreements outlined
through the MD Board of Nursing, is required.
- Bachelors degree preferred (BSN preferred). BSN required for
new applicants after July 1, 2013.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Relevant clinical work experience related to practice on the
- Maintenance of 20 contact hours of education every
- Member of a professional organization.We are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Associated topics:
ambulatory, bsn, domiciliary, intensive care, maternal, neonatal,
nurse, nurse rn, transitional, unit
Keywords: The University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore , Senior Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Progressive Care, Healthcare , Parkville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!