Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Progressive Care Unit
Company: The University of Maryland Medical System
Posted on: June 15, 2019
What You Will Do:Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Progressive Care
UnitPart-Time Day ShiftBaltimore, MarylandCome elevate your skills
and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet
designated Academic Medical Center with a comprehensive and
technologically advanced surgical suites. We are looking for
talented Cardiac Progressive Care Unit Registered Nurses to join
our nursing team here at University of Maryland Medical Center.As a
Registered Nurse at UMMC, you ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement model:Opportunities to
progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an
Academic Medical Centerwith a nursing centered care model and
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and
dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free
Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a
base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for
your graduate degree at University of Maryland School of
Nursing.Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and
Camden Yards, you won t find a more vibrant place to work! The
Cardiac Progressive Care Unit is a 26 bed inpatient IMC/telemetry
unit and past Beacon Award winning unitthat cares for a wide
variety of cardiac patients who are cared for by the Primary
Cardiology Service and the Advanced Heart Failure service. Some
patients are post-myocardial infarction who have received stents,
others are receiving a pacemaker or internal defibrillator, and
others have end-stage heart failure and are seeking advanced
therapies, while others have a quick recovery from minimally
invasive valve replacement surgery. The unit cares for patients who
have Swan-Ganz catheters, left ventricular assist devices, and home
infusion therapies (inotropes, prostaglandins, etc.). UMMC recently
was designated as a Pulmonary Hypertension Center of Excellence.
The CPCU is proud to be one of two units in UMMC that is trained to
care for home continuous prostaglandin therapy. The CPCU is a
teamwork oriented atmosphere encompassing registered nurses,
patient care technicians, nurse practitioners, cardiologists,
internal medicine residents, clinical social workers, physical and
occupational therapists, and students from a variety of those
- This role is considered the minimum role for all nurses at UMMC
who have greater than 12 months experience.
- This nurse will be competent in the skills/knowledge required
and fully participate in unit governance.
- He/she will practice and adhere to the guidelines specified in
the UMMC Professional Nurse Job Charter.
- Independently provides and coordinates care provided to
patients within a clinical specialty.
- Serves as a fully effective and participative member of the
multidisciplinary patient care services team.
- Demonstrates and models the full range of nursing professional
practice in both care provided and in participation in development
of strategies to improve patient outcomes, satisfaction with
service, and cost effectiveness at the unit level.
- Is accountable to patients and families for the processes and
outcomes of care during an episode of care.
- Is accountable to peers for the advancement of group practice
on the unit, and to the nurse manager for the totality of work
performance.What You Need to Be Successful:
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or
eligible to practice with Compact state agreements outlined through
the MD Board of Nursing, is required.
- BSN preferred.
- Up-to-date status on all mandatory training and classes.
- One year nursing experience.
- Solid knowledge and clinical skills.
- Current BLS certification required through American Heart
- Maintenance of 10 contact hours of education every two
- Member of a professional organization.
- Recent applicable clinical experience in a comparable
setting.We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, bsn, cardiothoracic, care unit,
domiciliary, neonatal, registed, registered nurse, tcu
Keywords: The University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore , Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Progressive Care Unit, Healthcare , Parkville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!