Cardiac Interv Technologist II
Company: MedStar Health
Posted on: June 15, 2019
- Job Summary
- Performs angiographic, therapeutic, and interventional
procedures. Responsible for patient management priorto, during, and
after the procedure.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Satisfactory completion of an AMA-approved school of Radiologic
Technology of at least 2years duration.
- 2 years experience in diagnostic radiology; 1 year experience
in interventionalradiology/cardiac catheterization or
- ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technology) certification
or registration.Radiology Technologist license in the State of
Maryland. CPR certification.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic computer skills. Verbal and written communication
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Additional Cardiac duties: Administers contrast media into the
coronary arteries as directed by a Cardiologist during a cardiac
catheterization procedure. Recognizes the effect of pathology and
vital signs to determine the amount of pressure of each hand
- Applies knowledge of the normal physiologic and
electrocardiographic sequences of cardiac contraction and
recognizes both minor and dangerous arrhythmia. Provides
appropriate patient care as required.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals
and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures,
quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental
and accreditation regulations.
- Functions as a first assistant to the physician by aiding in
the manipulation and placement of guide wires and catheters.
Administers contrast media in accordance with physician
- Maintains adequate basic interventional and cardiac supplies.
Orders supplies from outside vendors in hospital purchasing system.
Assists supervisor with all aspects of inventory control.
- Maintains all appropriate patient records and department check
sheets. Correctly enters patient and supply information into the
RIS and/or hospital computer system.
- Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the
department and hospital in community outreach efforts as required.
Instructs radiology students and acts as preceptor for new
associates and agency personnel.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service
- Performs angiographic, therapeutic, and interventional imaging
procedures. Performs electrophysiology and ablation procedures.
Provides quality patient care and monitoring during all phases of
the procedure in accordance with physician instructions and
established policy. Has knowledge of all equipment, inventory, and
location of supplies. Operates emergency equipment safely.
- Performs hemodynamic physiologic patient monitoring, recording
calculations of cardiovascular procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responds to on-call emergencies in accordance with department
- Responsible for post-procedural duties including observation
and management of catheter and/or device insertion site and patient
discharge instructions. Provides patient transportation and
communicates patient care status to receiving care unit.
- Responsible for pre-procedural duties such as sterile tray
preparation, procedural patient education, and confirmation of
required lab work and patient medical history, including
indications for the study and all previous related exams.
- Safely operates all imaging equipment (for example, digital
equipment, pressure injectors, processors, rapid film changer, and
cine) to produce high-quality diagnostic images in accordance with
- Schedules and maintains orderly patient flow.
- Supports other imaging modalities and services as required.
Performs daily and weekly infection control measures and stocking
of supplies. About MedStar HealthMedStar Health is dedicated to
providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the
Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine
through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates
and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings
across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300
community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association
in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to
research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical
partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is
dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but
also to the continuing education and professional development of
our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for
career advancement and personal fulfillment. Associated topics:
cardiology, cardiothoracic, cardiovascular, congestive, failure,
heart, hhp, interventional, invasive, non interventional
Keywords: MedStar Health, Baltimore , Cardiac Interv Technologist II, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!