Registered Nurse (RN) - SSP RN Level III - Progressive Care Unit
Company: The University of Maryland Medical System
Location: Glen Burnie
Posted on: June 15, 2019
What You Will Do:Registered Nurse (RN) - SSP RN Level III -
Progressive Care Unit Supplemental/Per Diem Night Shift Glen
Burnie, MarylandThe Right Choice. Right Here.Join our team of
Registered Nurses and provide the highest level of care. Experience
the highest level of appreciation.At University of Maryland
Baltimore Washington Medical Center, our registered nurses have
earned the highest level of respect as a critical factor in our
success and that of our patients. As part of the acclaimed
University of Maryland Medical System, our nationally recognized
facility features one of the state s busiest emergency departments,
as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one
another.As a Registered Nurse at UM BWMC, you ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and
dental coverage including prescription drug coverage Tax-Free
Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Work Life Balance:You ll accrue annual leave; we offer
dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an
employee assistant program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education
and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement &
continuing education options.Experience the appreciation you
- Under limited supervision, the Registered Nurse is responsible
for the assessment of patients including the development,
evaluation, and modification of the plan of care.
- The RN interprets and performs complex patient-care procedures
specific to their area of expertise.
- RN s are members of the Care Team and Support Team and have
accountability to function as a team to accomplish patient outcomes
identified in the pathway/plan of care.
- The Registered Nurse is a professional caregiver who assumes
responsibility and accountability for care, given to a group of
patients for a designated time frame.
- The RN provides care to those patients via therapeutic use of
self, the nursing process, the environment/technology, and other
healthcare team member, according to established standards.
- Patients served, includes all age groups (Infant through Older
Adult as identified in Performance Standards).What You Need to Be
- Graduation from an accredited nursing education program
approved by the Board of Nursing, or found by the Board to be
substantially equivalent to the programs in Maryland.
- BSN preferred.
- Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) Registered Nursing license, or
Compact State RN license required.
- Successful completion of a refresher course within past 6
months if nursing practice has not occurred within the past five
- ACLS and BLS required.
- Phlebotomy skills required.
- Acute Care/ICU/CCU experience preferred.We are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Associated topics: care
unit, ccu, hospice, intensive care, intensive care unit,
psychatric, recovery, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgical
Keywords: The University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore , Registered Nurse (RN) - SSP RN Level III - Progressive Care Unit, Healthcare , Glen Burnie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!