Senior Registered Nurse (RN) - Neurocare Acute
Company: The University of Maryland Medical System
Posted on: June 15, 2019
What You Will Do:Registered Nurse (RN) - Neurocare Acute Full-Time
Rotating Baltimore, MarylandCome elevate your skills and experience
by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic
Medical Center with a comprehensive and technologically advanced
surgical suites. We are looking for talented Neurocare Acute
Registered Nurses to join our nursing team here at University of
Maryland Medical Center.As a Registered Nurse at UMMC, you ll
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement model:Opportunities to
progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an
Academic Medical Centerwith a nursing centered care model and
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and
dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free
Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a
base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for
your graduate degree at University of Maryland School of
Nursing.Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and
Camden Yards, you won t find a more vibrant place to
work!Responsibilities/Tasks This role is considered the minimum
role for all nurses who have greater than 12 months experience.
Provides and coordinates independent care to patients within a
clinical specialty as a fully effective and participative member of
the multidisciplinary patient care services team.
- Provides independent care to unit specific patient population;
serves as clinical resource for others, utilizes and integrates
evidence into practice, functions effectively in roles specific to
unit (such as arrest team for ICU, triage for ED, etc).
- Serves as an effective primary coordinating nurse; collaborates
with interdisciplinary team to plan and coordinate care addressing
- Serves as clinical resource for others.
- Assists in team development and evaluation of the
Relationship-Based Care model; suggests methods for improvement.
Participates in collection of data related to Relationship-Based
Care outcomes (e. g. hand offs, medication safety, etc).
- Participates in implementation efforts addressing Nursing
Sensitive Quality Indicators (NSQI).
- Participates and contributes to Performance Improvement, or
Evidence Based Practice, or research at the unit level.
- Complies with standards and participates with unit level
activities for regulatory compliance.
- Supports charge nurse decisions; performs charge role for
assigned shifts as needed.
- Follows and supports the AACN guidelines for Healthy Work
Environment (communication, collaboration, effective decision
making, recognition, leadership, staffing); participates as team
member focusing on elements within the Healthy Work
- Assists in the development of clinical practice protocols and
standards for unit.
- Participates in unit based process governance activities:
Performance Improvement, Professional Development, Clinical
Practice, Teamwork, etc.; assists in development of action plans
and supports implementation.
- Orients Clinical Nurse I to unit level governance structure and
- Serves as preceptor, coach, mentor to new nurses and students.
Contributes to ancillary personnel skills and development, attends
educational offerings and in-services independently.
- Contributes to development of unit based peer review processes;
actively participates in individual peer review feedback.What You
Need to Be Successful:
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or
eligible to practice due to Compact state agreements outlined
through the MD Board of Nursing, is required.; BSN preferred.
Up-to-date status on all mandatory training and classes.
- One year nursing experience. Solid knowledge and clinical
- Current CPR certification required.
- Maintenance of 10 contact hours of education every two
- Member of a professional organization.
- Recent applicable clinical experience in a comparable
setting.We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, care, care unit, infusion,
neonatal, nurse, surgical, tcu, transitional
Keywords: The University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore , Senior Registered Nurse (RN) - Neurocare Acute, Healthcare , Parkville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!