Phlebotomy Technician-Nursing Home & Specialty Services - (Part time/benefit eligible)
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: June 21, 2019
Lancaster General Hospital
5093 LAB-Offsite Services
Lab Offsite & Mobile Rad Management
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health has an immediate opening for
a Phlebotomy Technician to support Extended Care Facilities in
Lancaster County, Pa.
This position is responsible for facilitating the direction,
coordination, and prioritization of patient flow and customer
support at contracted Extended Care Facilities (ECF's) and other
non-LGH facilities. Completes all functions related to
registration, billing and validation of insurance information.
Performs phlebotomy during daily rounds at client locations and
responds to on-call needs.
* This is a part time, benefit eligible position, totaling 24 hours
* Varied hours between 3AM-10AM with rotations Saturday/holiday
* Occasional on call required
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa.
Additional duties include:
* Using established standards and processes, facilitates the
direction, coordination, and prioritization of patient flow and
customer support at contracted Extended Care Facilities (ECF's) or
other non-LGH facilities; coordinates a collaborative patient
service work environment by fostering a spirit of interdisciplinary
cooperativeness between nursing, physicians, and ancillary
* Performs phlebotomy during daily rounds at client locations and
responds to on-call needs.
* Anticipates customer needs by providing appropriate
education/instruction based on customer encounter.
* Participates in performance improvement activities related to
patient care, customer satisfaction and registration
* Contributes to clinical environment by identifying immediate
issues and concerns that must be addressed by the clinical team to
meet patient care requirements.
* Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological, and spiritual support to patients, families and
friends. Functions as a patient advocate by establishing personal
rapport with patient, family, and other persons to determine care
* Resolve service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint,
determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the
best solution to solve problems; expediting correction or
adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
* Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing responsibilities
related to job duties.
* Open customer account by recording account information with a
minimum of 95% accuracy.
* Maintain customer records by updating account information with
* Maintain financial accounts by processing customer adjustments
when applicable. Documents service by completing forms, reports,
logs, and records. Collect patient payments per departmental
* Maintains data entry requirements by following data station
program techniques and procedures.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* High School diploma or equivalent is required.
* Valid driver's license as regional travel is required.
* Associate's degree is preferred.
* Three (3) years in a customer service role using strong
professional communication skills; excellent written and verbal
* Two (2) years using professional skills of interpersonal
* Two (2) years of computer experience.
* Phlebotomy experience.
* Two (2) years of medical terminology experience.
* Two (2) years of experience with business telephone
* Two (2) years of clinical experience.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be
construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is
intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements
essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job
evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The
percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and
should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all
other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at
the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend,
modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must
be able to perform all job functions safely.
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Baltimore , Phlebotomy Technician-Nursing Home & Specialty Services - (Part time/benefit eligible), Healthcare , Lancaster, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!