Cardiovascular (CVSD, CVICU, CVOR) Nurse Educator
Company: MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
Posted on: October 13, 2019
- Coordinates, plans, implements, and evaluates educational
programs designed to meet the assessed needsof MedStar Health in a
continuing effort to ensure quality care and maintain current
standards of practice.Serves as a resource/consultant/ facilitator
to others in MedStar Health. Collaborates with leadership,
contentexperts and staff to facilitate learner's achievement of
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or Education; Master's degree
- 3 years clinical experience with formal teaching experience to
include curriculum developmentand program evaluation and revision
in clinical and classroom setting.
- MUST have experience in one of the following specialities:?
Open Heart Recovery and/or Cardiovascular OR
- Valid RN license in the State of Maryland.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic math skills. Verbal and written communication skills.
Basic computer skills preferred.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses learning needs of staff and clients using a variety of
sources, analyzes the results and disseminates findings from the
needs assessment to leadership.
- Assists individual, departments and work teams in designing and
facilitating educational activities through consultation with
content experts. Supports growth opportunities, utilizing the
Assessment and Development System. Provides expertise for program
planning, implementation and evaluation of outcomes.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals
and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures,
quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental
and accreditation regulations.
- Designs learning environment, develops instructional
objectives, content, teaching, methodologies, audiovisual support,
participant handout, and evaluation tool to achieve optimal
outcomes. Maintains flexibility in teaching to optimize
- Develops a financial plan. Considers cost effectiveness and
customer satisfaction when planning educational programs.
- Identifies problems for evaluative or scientific investigation.
Participates in research process, reviews research application,
incorporates research findings into teaching and work practice and
manages data as appropriate.
- In conjunction with leadership and target audience plans
educational opportunities to meet identified needs and supports the
learner's achievement of required competencies. Assures that
educational objectives are measurable and realistic.
- Maintains department records, reports and files, as
- Mentors staff, clients, and leadership to facilitate
incorporation of class content into performance or achievement of
healthy lifestyle. Develops and provides ongoing coaching to staff
and clients with the goal of improving critical thinking skills.
Functions as a resource person to staff in problem-solving related
to area of expertise.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides clinical and didactic instruction to facilitate
incorporation of class content into work practice or activities of
- Provides feedback regarding participant performance to the
participant and other appropriate individuals, as necessary.
Communicates educational outcomes to appropriate leadership.
- Uses evaluation tools, which are individualized to the
particular educational activities. Considers learner satisfaction,
changes in performance related to program attendance and
measurement of organizational outcomes, where appropriate. Revises
educational program based on compiled evaluative data. About
MedStar HealthMedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest
quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C.,
region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education,
innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated
physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system,
including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations,
the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly
respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the
medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for
more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the
next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education
and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health
offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal
Keywords: MedStar Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore , Cardiovascular (CVSD, CVICU, CVOR) Nurse Educator, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!