Registered Nurse 2: Oncology Infusion Center
Company: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Registered Nurse 2: Oncology Infusion Center Requisition #:
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Oct. 7, 2019
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our
health system. When joining Johns Hopkins, you became part of a
diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and
the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career
opportunities are available in academic and community hospital
settings, home care services, physician practices, international
affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great
careers continually advance here.
Registered Nurse 2
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Join the Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a
collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet
designated, academic medical facility. Johns Hopkins nurses are
committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing
outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long
Candidate qualifications for a Registered Nurse 2 position :
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 months of acute
care RN work experience
- Bachelors or Master's Degree, in nursing from an accredited
School of Nursing, strongly preferred.
- Applicants with an Associate's degree in nursing from an
accredited School of Nursing will be considered; provided they are
either currently, or will shortly be enrolled in an accredited RN
to BSN program. See note below *
- An active Maryland State or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military
Training Network accepted
The Registered Nurse is responsible for:
- Coordinating care for assigned patients on a shift to promote
the achievement of clinical outcomes.
- Providing direction to other team members to promote quality,
safety, and excellence in care.
- Providing evidence-based patient care based on the nursing
process policy, procedures, and protocols of the Johns Hopkins
- Working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary health care
team to optimize patient care outcomes.
- Participating and promoting quality clinical improvement by
supporting departmental and hospital safety standards.
- Practicing and promoting responsible cost-effective use of
- Completing all identified annual requirements and competencies
for patient population, unit, department, and institution.
- Participating in the performance appraisal process.
- Consistently demonstrates organization's core values *Per JHH
Nursing Policy : If you do not currently possess a BSN or MSN
degree, by accepting this offer of employment, you certify your
understanding of the following: (a) the requirement to provide
proof of BSN or MSN degree program acceptance to your hiring
manager within your first year of hire; (B) the requirement to
complete the BSN or MSN degree program no later than five years
from program enrollment; and (c) the requirement to make steady
progress toward completing the program by taking a minimum of nine
credits within 12 months of initial enrollment and each year
Patients are the focus of everything we do at The Johns Hopkins
Hospital. From our beginnings in 1889 to the opening of our most
advanced patient facilities in 2012, our mission to advance patient
care, education, and research, continues to change the course of
Keywords: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore , Registered Nurse 2: Oncology Infusion Center, Healthcare , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!