Psychiatrist (Part-Time - Correctional Medicine - Harrisburg, PA - Sig
Company: PrimeCare Medical, Inc.
Posted on: November 12, 2019
Company Introduction: PrimeCare Medical, Inc. (i.e. PCM) has been
in operation since 1986. We are a privately owned, physician
founded, nationally accredited correctional healthcare practice.
PCM provides comprehensive medical & mental health care services to
80 county jails, prisons, and juvenile detention centers throughout
the states of PA, MD, WV, NY, & NH. We were recently voted one of
the Top 50 Fastest Growing Companies of 2019 by the Central PA
Business Journal! Correctional medicine is a unique, challenging,
and exciting opportunity for today's mental health professional, in
that it provides the perfect hybrid of outpatient and inpatient
Psychiatry. Thus allowing you to truly utilize all of your learned
skills and knowledge on a daily basis; well serving an underserved
and extremely diverse patient population. We are presently seeking
Part-Time Staff Psychiatrist's (MD's/DO's) to join our team and
provide on-site Psychiatric care at the Dauphin County Prison in
Harrisburg, PA. This part-time position is extremely flexible, and
can range anywhere from 8 - 28 hours/week! Schedules can be
Monday's - Friday's, and are during normal business hours (i.e.
weekends also available if interested). Shifts can be very
flexible, thus this opportunity can accommodate around almost any
schedule/lifestyle! This position does come with a one-time sign-on
bonus, which we're fully prepared to negotiate for the right
candidate (i.e. Tuition/Loan Assistance also available, if
preferred). PrimeCare Medical believes in offering competitive
compensation and benefits packages to their employees. We will
provide the knowledge and individually catered training needed to
provide premier mental health care in a correctional setting. To
quickly summary some key points:
- Salaries are negotiable and commensurate based on
- Sign-on Bonus or Loan Assistance Bonus available;
- Company paid malpractice liability insurance (including tail)
- Annual licensure reimbursement available; and much more. Job
The Psychiatrist will primarily be responsible for managing the
full-spectrum psychiatric care within the on-site mental health
department at this facility. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide service to the inmate/patient population while
utilizing current, acceptable standards of psychiatric
- Assume responsibility for clinical management of the mental
health program in accordance with NCCHC/ACA Standards, as well as
PCM policies and procedures.
- Services to be provided on scheduled work days according to
standards and times mutually agreeable to physician, facility
administration, and PCM.
- Provide psychiatric treatment to confined inmates/patients
(i.e. restricted housing, behavioral units, etc.).
- Provide psychiatric consultation to all professionals (i.e.
physicians/nursing) within the unit.
- Oversee and supervise all psychiatric clinical services
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely psychiatric entries are
made for each inmate/patient contact.
- Available for consultation and/or emergency psychiatric
- Work collaboratively and supervise clinical activities of
fellow psychologist and medical staff while on duty.
- Evaluate all inmates/patients referred with mental health
concerns for presence, or absence, of mental illness.
- Refer inmates/patients as necessary to appropriate psychiatric
facilities when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with pharmacy to evaluate and approve all
medications and other medicinal preparations, which comprise the
- Establish and monitor standards of care provided by physicians,
psychologist and nurses in accordance with NCCHC/ACA and accepted
psychiatric standards. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or School of
Osteopathic Medicine; specialty training/experience in Adult,
Geriatric, and/or Addiction Psychiatry required.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible.
- Licensed to practice Psychiatry, and dispense medication,
within the State of Pennsylvania.
- Maintain current DEA numbers.
- Maintain current Driver's License.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to gain trust of patients and build a working
- Ability to work in a supportive, team-based work environment.
We're committed to managing and reducing risk in correctional
health care by providing cost-effective quality healthcare
management, continuously improving the standards of care and
striving for national accreditation for all facilities.
Dedicated to correctional health care, PCM prides itself on our
strong client relationships, effective and efficient management of
health care services. These attributes continue to be the hallmark
of our success. With new contracts established regularly,
opportunities for development and advancement are ample.
PCM utilizes a proprietary EMR system customized to our practice,
and specifically designed for correctional healthcare. Said
technology is user-friendly, intuitive, and always available. At
PCM, we're dedicated to your long-term success and foster this by
providing individually catered training to every one of our
physicians. We teach you how to document in real-time, to ensure
that you're life outside of your career is focused on the things
that truly matter. To learn more about why PrimeCare Medical, Inc.
is The Choice for Quality Correctional Health Care, please apply
today to schedule a phone interview. We're ready and waiting to
speak with you about joining our PrimeCare Medical family!
Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs,
psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: PrimeCare Medical, Inc., Baltimore , Psychiatrist (Part-Time - Correctional Medicine - Harrisburg, PA - Sig, Healthcare , Harrisburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!