Lead Food Service Worker
Company: MEDSTAR HEALTH
Posted on: September 25, 2022
- Job Summary
- May work anywhere on the property where food is prepared. This
individual, under the leadership of on-site management and/or
supervisors, will coordinate the activities of workers and/or
service employees engaged in food operations or services at
smaller, less complex facilities or locations in the areas of
commercial, health care, schools, universities or other
establishments. The general responsibilities of the position
include those listed below, but MedStar/Sodexo may identify other
responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ
among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school graduation or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of related work experience required.
- No special certification, registration, or licensure is
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills
preferred. Presents self in a highly professional manner to others
and understands that honesty and ethics are essential. Ability to
maintain a positive attitude. Ability to communicate with
co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor
representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client
representatives. Ability to provide clear directions and respond to
co-workers. Basic food-handling skills.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals
and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures,
quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental
and accreditation regulations.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service
improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves
on committees and represents the department and hospital/facility
in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the
facility for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides
suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Responsible for the supervision of day-to-day activities of
subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or
functional activities as directed by on-site management.
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to supervision
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as
quality, service and problem resolution.
- Takes an interest and initiative in the development of the food
- Attends all allergy and food borne illness in-service
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- Maintains key control of operations and responsible for
activities to ensure opening, closing and daily procedures are
- Serves as working lead coordinating activities of workers or
service employees engaged in food operations or services at smaller
less complex facilities of commercial, health care facility,
school, campus or other establishment. About MedStar Health MedStar
Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for
people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while
advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation
and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians
work in a variety of settings across our health system, including
10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the
largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly
respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the
medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for
more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the
next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education
and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health
offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal
Keywords: MEDSTAR HEALTH, Baltimore , Lead Food Service Worker, Hospitality & Tourism , Rosedale, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!