HR Development Program
Company: American Sugar Refining, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
ASR Group is the worlds largest refiner and marketer of cane
sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million
tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery,
industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across
North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries,
located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and
Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar
refineries in England, Portugal. ASR Group also owns and operates
mills in Mexico and Belize. The companys brand portfolio includes
the leading brands Domino, C&H, Redpath, Tate & Lyle, Lyles and
Sidul.OVEVIEWThe HR Development Program is a two (2) year
rotational program that offers new graduates the opportunity to
gain varied experience in multiple locations/roles. Reporting to an
HR Manager, the successful candidate will have HR generalist
responsibility for supporting a defined group(s) of clients and
responsibilities.DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIESTalent
- Collaborate with stakeholders to execute demand-planning
activity that anticipates hiring and capability needs for given
period of time.
- Recruit and hire candidates to fill vacancies within targeted
- Coordinate elements of hiring process including recruitment,
phone screen, interview, background check, medical physical,
- Support college recruitment efforts as a member of the ASR
Group HR Team.
- Manage regulatory requirements related to tracking of applicant
- Support talent management activity aimed at building talent for
the enterprise, including talent reviews, succession planning,
college intern program, job rotation, high potential programs, and
- Conduct new hire induction to ensure a positive employee
assimilation into the ASR organization.Employee Engagement
- Proactively participate and lead local communication/engagement
plans aimed at optimizing employee engagement and creating a
positive and inclusive work environment.
- Anticipate and pre-empt employee issues/ concerns. Address
employee concerns/ grievances in a collaborative matter if/ when
- Collaborate with union leadership to resolve employee concerns
- Administer HR policies and Collective Bargaining Agreements in
a consistent basis, as needed.
- Provide positive counsel and advice to employees and
supervisors, as needed.
- Drive employee recognition programs to create a high level of
- Be a visible presence with clients by walking the floor a
minimum 1 hour per day.Reward, HRIS, HR Operations
- Proactively ensure compliance with legal, statutory and company
policies and procedures of HR-related processes and programs.
- Provide education and support to employees around
- Maintain internal HRIS system and other e-service systems by
entering any employee change information (new hires, changes,
terminations, promotions, transfers, etc.). Update changes to the
employee files to document personnel actions and to provide
information for payroll, benefit carriers and other
- Support efforts to ensure high quality salary planning
- Manage personnel files and any other HR-related administrative
management, in a high quality confidential manner.Learning &
- Deliver and Evaluate training programs aimed at building
capability for the firm.
- Manage data associated in learning & development through the
Learning Management System (LMS).
- Understand and support individual development needs and
- Drive continuous improvement in all HR processes.
- Assist with the coordination of special projects and events, as
- Participate in community affairs activity, as needed.
- Performs other duties as requiredESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES
(KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Computer Proficiency Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
(Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and Internet research.
- Energy High positive energy to take on continuous and complex
business challenges in a fast-paced environment. Persistence to
drive to solutions despite obstacles and/or competing
- Ethics & Integrity High degree of personal integrity in all
- Execution Attentive to detail and demonstrated ability to
deliver on accountabilities in order to help the business and the
team be successful. Track record of high-performance.
- HR Functional Skill General awareness, exposure, and
understanding across most HR sub-disciplines.
- Judgment/Decision-Making Smart, with the ability to think
through issues and make wise decisions, often without all facts and
information or high levels of direction.
- Teamwork/Collaboration A great team player with a great
attitude, good customer service orientation, and focused on
delivering outstanding results to their clients and the business,
- Travel Ability to travel as need throughout domestic and
- Relocation Willingness to relocate during the rotational
- Working Independently & Efficiently Ability to work
independently with strategic direction. Ability to work with a
diverse, geographically-dispersed population.ESSENTIAL WORK
- 0-1 years of professional experience in Human Resource as
either a Specialist or Generalist roles.ESSENTIAL EDUCATION
- Bachelors degree in HR or related discipline from accredited
- GPA of 3.0 or better
- Advanced degree desired, but not required.LOCATION:
- Crockett, California or Baltimore, MarylandASR Group is an
equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the
country/region where the business is hiring is required. We will
not sponsor individuals for employment visas for this
position.Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females,
Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Keywords: American Sugar Refining, Inc., Baltimore , HR Development Program, Human Resources , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!