Human Resources Coordinator
Company: Johns Hopkins University
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job Req ID: 107913
Human Resources Coordinator
We are seeking a Human Resources Coordinator (HRC) who will provide process coordination, consultation, and administrative support on a wide range of Human Resources (HR) activities for the University Student Services (USS) division on the Homewood campus for over 700 full-time and part-time employees. Primary HR duties include assistance in the following areas: recruitment and employment; new employee onboarding; benefits and other employee programs or resources; employee data and personnel records administration; payroll; compensation and other miscellaneous HR-related activities. Serve as a subject matter expert with various HR systems such as: SuccessFactors Recruitment, SAP, e210, SuccessFactors myPerformance and other University-wide HR systems. Also serve as a subject matter expert on internal training opportunities, Benefits & Worklife programs and other Central HR resources (employee discounts, etc.). Embrace and support the university's HR mission of attracting, developing, retaining, and engaging a high-performing workforce in support of excellence in the university's mission, while promoting diversity, equity, civility, and respect.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Recruitment & Employment (20%)
* Create and process requisitions for openings across the division in collaboration with HR Manager and/or hiring manager or hiring departments. Assist with compilation of job descriptions in standard template.
* In absence of HR Manager, may communicate with hiring managers regarding the status of openings, applicant flow, interviews, external postings and job offers.
* Collaborate with HR Manager, Talent Acquisition Specialist and hiring manager to ensure the successful processing of new employees (pre-employment process, new hire paperwork, etc.)
* Conduct onboarding meetings with new hires on a monthly or as-needed basis.
* Prepare divisional bi-monthly job openings announcement for distribution.
* Create new hire folders for all new employees, as well as updating/maintaining digital resources via SharePoint.
* Serve as the departmental contact to Chief in Staff in order to maintain the HR portion of the divisional Sharesite.
Data Administration (30%)
* Leverage various systems (SAP, HRIS/HR Metrics) to maintain confidential HR data; produce a variety of standard and ad-hoc reports (BW Analysis); analyze and compile appropriate data when needed. Ensure integrity of employee data (accurate, complete, and timely).
* Organize termination data via monthly term reports and send to the HR Director; prepare and send weekly term reports to USS IT.
* Process employee transactions in SAP when needed; enter and maintain data in appropriate HR information systems. ISRs include: New Hire, Termination, Leave of Absence, Reassignment, Position Maintain, Hours Change, Salary Increase, Bonus/Supplement Pay, Org Unit Maintain, etc. Follow-up on processing/approval of ISRs in collaborations with HRSS, Divisional Approvers, Department Initiators or utilizing the ISR Log.
* Serve as liaison with HR Shared Services (HRSS) or Payroll Shared Services (PRSS) for various compliance/clean-up projects to include hours & employment status categories, reports to corrections, delimiting of positions, org unit changes, below minimum, etc.
* Oversee document control and retention systems and processes to maintain data privacy and ensure compliance with internal and external requirements and regulations.
* Assign SAP roles and org unit access via initiating and approving ZSRs for the division.
* Assist with annual merit increase process for the division (salary administration) on our July 1 common review date.
* Process eForms to adjust budget usage within the division.
Other HR Processes (30%)
* Provide support for administration of the performance management system. Serve as a subject matter expert in performance evaluation system, myPerformance. Advise both employees and supervisors; help manage process workflow and related documentation. Pull reports, as needed.
* Serve as a knowledgeable resource to employees and supervisors on the basic interpretation and application of HR programs, policies, procedures, practices and resources. May answer inquiries related to holiday, sick and vacation time; payroll, taxes, deductions, employee self-service system; as well as other employee benefits, programs and resources available to them.
* Provide assistance for disciplinary actions and assist in researching issues, data collection and gathering sensitive information to be used during investigations.
* Prepare Family Medical Leave (FML) paperwork for staff and manage Leave process to ensure compliance (including updating e210s and requisite ISRs).
* Manage salary overpayment process for division.
* Assist employees and supervisors with proper administration of the e210 system; make e210 adjustments as needed. Complete e210s on behalf of employees if necessary due to medical leaves or other circumstances. Assign missing supervisors and assist with training of new staff or supervisors.
* Assist departments with student hiring process in coordination with University Experiential Learning as the divisional back-up Approver 1 or Initiator in the absence of a department contact.
* May enter weekly hours for students or hourly employees in the absence of a permanent contact in the department.
* Draft division-wide communications such as: monthly new staff announcement, divisional or campus events, workshops, training sessions, monthly service anniversaries, HR policy updates, etc.
* Assist with scheduling background check (fingerprinting) process for departments/employees who are required under the JHU Child Safety Policy and access results report in CJIS system and escalate issues.
* Train department administrators and other employees on topics such as ISRs, job posting process (OMT), e210, time entry, etc.
* Attend weekly meetings, including HR team meetings and 1:1 meetings with the HR Manager.
* Assist with completion of unemployment claims
Office Administration (20%)
* Provide administrative support for the effective operation of the HR office; establish and follow office procedures; develop and implement process improvements. Triage incoming communications in an efficient and organized manner; directly handle routine communications and inquiries such as employment and wage verifications or Public Service Loan forgiveness documents.
* Assist with divisional or university-wide projects or events such as: Gallup Survey, myPerformance, new program rollouts, benefits changes/updates, etc.
* Assist departments with JHED assistance (creating ad-hoc records, adding new users, correcting records in consultation with JHED HELP team, deleting records, etc.).
* Primary source for creating and maintaining organization charts for the division and individual departments, keeping them up to date and current as staffing or other changes occur.
* Participate on divisional committees or groups such as USS Department Administrators group.
* Maintain the organization of files for all employees.
* Other projects or duties as assigned.
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations in human resources; working knowledge of emerging trends and practices in human resources.
* Exercise sound and competent administrative judgment and assume responsibility for decisions, consequences and their subsequent results.
* Knowledge of recruiting procedures and employment practices preferred.
* Ability to respond effectively to all levels of staff and personalities critical.
* Ability to work collaboratively with others both within the Division and across the University.
* Creativity and resourcefulness are a must as is the ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Must be a proactive, self-starter and resolve matters in an independent and timely manner.
* The successful applicant will possess the ability to problem solve and resolve conflict; research, analyze and interpret data; communicate well verbally and in writing; anticipate needs and follow through; show good judgment and strong initiative; possess a cooperative attitude.
* Must possess excellent organizational skills with close attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple/competing priorities.
* The candidate should have intermediate computer skills: IE, Outlook/ email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Vizio.
* High School Diploma or graduation equivalent.
* Three years related experience.
* Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
* Associate or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* Additional years of experience in human resources preferred.
* Prior human resources, payroll and SAP experience preferred.
Classified Title: HR Coordinator
Working Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OE
Starting Salary Range: $17.95-$25.30-$32.60 HRLY (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Hybrid/Homewood Campus
Department name: Student Services Human Resources
Personnel area: University Student Services
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
Job Req ID: 107913
Keywords: Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore , Human Resources Coordinator, Human Resources , Baltimore, Maryland
here to apply!