Software Engineer(Full Stack)
Company: T. Rowe Price
Location: Owings Mills
Posted on: October 19, 2020
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a
difference at a leading global investment management firm where
success results from the dedication our associates have in building
success for our clients. We are a growing organization of
associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and
perspectives.We take a long-term view on associates and their
careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a
result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and
online training, management development programs, and career
development on the job.If you are seeking a meaningful work
experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork,
we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.Our mission as
a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve
their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the
key to this mission and we are always looking for talented
individuals who share our commitment to our client's success.
If you're looking for challenging work experiences and the ability
to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the
opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Technologists at T. Rowe Price are playing a key role in helping
build the future of financial services, working hand-in-hand with
business partners to create client experiences that are changing
the way people invest. To help us achieve that future, we're
looking for an Engineer to join our unique Emerging Solutions and
Technology team. This teams' mission is to be proactive,
innovative, and nimble in a rapidly changing ecosystem and serve as
an "internal disruptor" to the current thinking and processes.
You'll work with smart, talented people across our business on the
latest cutting edge technologies such as AI, Blockchain, Machine
Learning, and Big Data. Unlike the project requirement
responsibilities of a typical IT professional, you'll be empowered
to bring new solutions and capabilities to the table and then be
hands-on in driving the research, strategy, prototyping, and
piloting of those technologies.
We expect you to be an innovative thought leader who can think
outside the box. In return we'll give you challenging work that's
on the leading edge of IT, opportunities to learn and grow, and a
collaborative culture that's eager for your input.
- We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new
technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You
should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our rapidly
evolving move to next-generation n-tier, native cloud enabled
- You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a
point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not
conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time
- Exceptional technology skills; recognized by your peers as a
- A strong curiosity for technology; you are excited by the
amazing pace that technology continues to evolve. You love to
tinker with the latest frameworks or tools.
- Equally important to possessing strong technical skills, the
ideal candidate will be a strong communicator able to communicate
their thoughts, orally and visually. They need to understand how
solutions are developed and even more important, understand how
they can make an impact on our business
- Develop prototypes & pilots for emerging technologies
seamlessly blending new technology with existing
- Work closely with the Emerging Solutions team and various
business partners to fully understand capabilities that enhance out
business. Influence the strategic direction of new technologies
within the firm.
- Provide consultancy and advice on functionality, applicability
and usability of our emerging capabilities.
- Quickly pick up and master new technical capabilities as they
emerge regardless of the languages, frameworks, or architectures
they might require
- Proactively monitor industry trends and research competing
tools to ensure that we are consistently considering how these
trends and technologies might impact our business
- Experience developing in multiple languages and platforms.
Preference towards the latest stacks and libraries such as
Typescript, React, Node.js, Angular, Mongo, etc.
- Solid knowledge of a foundation language(s) such as Python,
C++, C# or Java.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with
others in team environment
- Experience quickly learning new programing languages,
frameworks, or technical capabilities
- Experience with system integration specifically via API
- Demonstrated advanced analytical, troubleshooting and problem
- Adaptable and able to learn quickly
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering,
Mathematics, or related field
- 5+ years of IT experience
- Experience building modern n-tier applications
- Experience using and deploying to public or private clouds
(AWS, Azure, Google, Openstack, Rackspace, etc.).
- Experience developing microservices
- Experience with Python
- Experience with emerging technologies like machine learning,
cognitive computing, AI, or blockchain
- Experience researching and bringing new capabilities to the
- Experience building mobile applications (iOS or Android)
- Experience working with a CI/CD environment preferred
- Experience with global collaboration platforms (like Jive) a
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity
of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success
depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants
for employment without discrimination on the basis of race,
religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental
or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran
status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by
country, federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: T. Rowe Price, Baltimore , Software Engineer(Full Stack), IT / Software / Systems , Owings Mills, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!