Mastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and
teamwork. We are currently seeking a Network Engineer for our
client in the Telecom domain. We value our professionals, providing
comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity
for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking
for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
Location: Columbia, MD/Zip Code: 21045
Compensation: Depends on Experience
Role: Network Engineer
Role Description: The Network Engineer would need to have at least
5+ years of experience. This Engineer will provide services as the
primary network engineer assigned to customer accounts in support
of their network systems administration and management.
- Work closely with Service Managers and internal teams to ensure
that all aspects of the customer's ongoing network support and
administration are successful.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of network diagrams,
custom network monitors, network RTS (Return to Service) documents,
and network knowledge base articles as needed.
- Available for network escalations 24x7 on an on-call basis.
- He/She will conduct ongoing training for first line support
personnel on their assigned customer's environment.
- Identifies and corrects recurring technical issues within their
assigned customer(s) environments.
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
- 3+ years of network experience with Cisco routers and
- Good understanding and experience with routing and switching
- Good understanding and experience with routing protocols,
specifically BGP, OSPF and EIGRP.
- Good understanding and experience with 802.1q, STP, RSTP, MSTP,
- Good knowledge of firewall management, preferably with Cisco
- Good knowledge of load balancing technology preferably with
Citrix NetScaler Load Balancers.
- Good understanding and experience with IPSEC VPN(s) tunnels.
- Expert TCP/IP packet analysis, using Wireshark or raw packet
captures using tcpdump.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, with logical
problem solving from Layer 1 through Layer 7 of the OSI model.
- Strong sense of urgency in support of all customers.
- Ability to understand business requirements for technical needs
and utilize the business requirements information to prioritize
work, develop solutions, and set urgency for others.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures that dictate minimum
standards for ticket handling, such as customer communication
status updates, timelines for escalation, management communication
status updates, etc.
- Understanding of overall business functions and the impact of
technical decisions on business results.
- Exceptional planning skills and ability to work within change
- Demonstrated commitment to providing customer-focused quality
- Experience with high availability environments with 99.99%
- Ability to express complex situational information verbally and
in written form.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications
- Exceptional documentation skills are required.
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Cisco and/or Citrix network certifications.
- Technical Lead experience or senior level escalations
- Expert level knowledge of optical platforms and protocols.
- Experience supporting a Linux environment.
- Experience supporting an NFS storage environment.
Education: Bachelor?s Degree
Experience: Minimum 5+ years
Relocation: No, this position will not cover relocation
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Dheeraj
Recruiter Phone: 877 884 8834 (Ext: 4014)