Linux Systems Engineer - TS/SCI - Columbia, Maryland - (INT0001TP)
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Linux Systems Engineer - TS/SCI - Columbia, Maryland -
(INT0001TP) Your Impact: Delivering Critical Mission Solutions for
a More Connected, Sustainable World. Jacobs Cyber offers the most
advanced, integrated approach to cybersecurity which includes
offensive cyberspace operations (OCO), defensive cyberspace
operations (DCO) and cyber mission training and exercises. Our
Cyber organization has an exciting opportunity for a motivated team
member interested in joining elite cyber professionals conducting
research and development for organizations such as the DoD, DARPA,
and the intelligence community. Our C5ISR organization is comprised
of cyber professionals' expert in cryptography, cyber analysts, and
cyber engineering.Provide Linux support to include design, install,
configure, automate, secure, and maintain enterprise level Linux
- Apply in-depth knowledge and experience with Linux desktops and
- Design, deploy and administer virtualized platforms.
- Work with VMWare, Active Directory, Group policy, DHCP, shared
storage and databases.
- Configure and troubleshoot firewall, iptables, openssh,
OpenVPN, and other Linux services
- Assess and troubleshoot system outages.
- Create automated processes via scripting (e.g. Python,
- Provide patch management and deployment.
- Build, install and configure infrastructure in support of
customer mission requirements.
- Introduce and integrate new technologies into existing data
- Install and configure new hardware and software.
- User account management and user access controls.
- Produce and maintain standard operating procedures and
- Maintain an existing operating environment consisting of
physical and virtual Linux and Windows servers/workstations and the
virtual environment supporting them.
- Linux performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Provide Tier 1-3 support to customers. Here's What You'll Need:
- An active TS/SCI security clearance. Willingness/ability to
take/pass CI Polygraph
- 5-9 years of applicable work experience
- 3+ years of experience in Linux administration.
- IAT Level II certification or higher within 6 months of program
access IAW DOD DOD 8140.01 and 8570.1-M.
- Experience working with Linux operating systems, including
system installation, configuration, scripting, firewall
configuration, troubleshooting, and patching/maintenance.
- Experience working with virtualization technologies (VMWare
- Knowledge/Experience with the following: CentOS, Ubuntu, Mint
OS, and Red Hat.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Basic knowledge of Windows operating systems and Storage.
- Ability to learn quickly and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Desired
- Bachelor's degree in an IT related field and 5+ years of
- Linux Certification Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to
pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition,
marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental
disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or
veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status
or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about
your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Columbia-20362-CLM2Job
Posting: Mar 16, 2021, 2:58:27 PMJob: SoftwareOrganization: CMSJob
Type: ExperiencedJob Classification: Full-Time RegularWork
Locations: 20362-CLM2 Customer Site Columbia 21047Capabilities:
Keywords: Jacobs, Baltimore , Linux Systems Engineer - TS/SCI - Columbia, Maryland - (INT0001TP), IT / Software / Systems , Columbia, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!