Company: Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL)
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Do you have experience developing software that integrates
multiple disciplines to enable something greater than the sum of
its parts?Are you passionate about creating new concepts and making
new capabilities a reality?If so, we're looking for someone like
you to join our team at APL to research and develop capabilities
that augment human decision making.As a Software Engineer, you
- Build prototypes to develop concepts, algorithms, and software
to support sponsors in building decision aids for warfighters to
help them better employ the expanding set of complex capabilities
and systems at their disposal.
- Integrate capabilities from third parties in sometimes novel,
unconventional ways.QualificationsYou meet the minimum
qualifications for this position if you have...
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or
- At least 2 years of experience in complex software development
and significant knowledge of C++ and Python in a Linux
- Highly creative and interested in novel challenges;
Self-starter able to work effectively in a demanding, multi-tasking
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a close team
- Experienced in working in an Agile development framework.
- Hold an active Secret level security clearance. If selected,
you will be subject to a government security clearance
investigation and must meet the requirements for access to
classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has
established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against
COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination
or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their
start date.You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if
- Master's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related
- 5 years of experience with complex software development.
- Game development experience.
- Desire to build computer science/software development expertise
to address cutting edge challenges.
- Strong ability to successfully apply educational background to
real-world engineering problems.
- Interest and initiative to grow into a leadership
- Experienced in acting as a Scrum master or equivalent Agile
development leadership role.
Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings
world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense,
security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to
solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what
makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant,
welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to
work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring
teammates.At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage
creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous
benefits, including a robust education assistance program,
unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life
balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro
area. Learn more about our career opportunities at
Keywords: Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), Baltimore , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Laurel, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!