Posted on: January 16, 2022
Software Engineer @ Enveil
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Remote details: Employees expected to work on site in the Fulton,
MD office one day per week. Relocation Assistance available.
Technologies: java, python, apache-spark, encryption
At Enveil, our engineers design and implement solutions that
protect our users' data while it is being used. We allow users to
run sensitive queries or analytics over data on untrusted servers,
with world-first cryptographic algorithms that never decrypt the
contents of the query or its results on the untrusted system. We're
looking for full-time Software Engineers to round out our dev team
and help meet rapidly growing demand. www.enveil.com
Founded by NSA veterans in 2016 in Fulton, MD, Enveil has raised
$15M in funding from top investors including In-Q-Tel, Mastercard,
Capital One, USAA, Bloomberg, Thompson Reuters, C5, DataTribe, and
What you'll get to do
- Implement algorithms for secure processing of data on
distributed systems, using techniques like homomorphic cryptography
and trusted execution.
- Build distributed systems using technologies like Hadoop,
Spark, and AWS.
- Harden algorithms and services against compromise.
- Build new services and APIs to improve user experience.
- Improve deployment pipeline.
- As one of the first engineers at a start-up, you'll be able to
influence every aspect of the business, from technical direction to
product design to company culture.
What you need to be successful
- Desire and ability to learn new technical skills, quickly and
- 4+ years software engineering experience.
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a
- Proficiency with Java and Python.
- Prior experience with any of the following is a plus:
Cryptography, Security architecture, Database design, Performance
optimization, Distributed processing (Spark, Hadoop), DevOps,
Full-stack web development, Cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure,
- U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants.
Benefits of working at Enveil
- You are evaluated on the quality of your work, not on how much
time you spend in the office.
- A family-friendly environment that emphasizes work-life
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation time
- Monthly Wellness Days (company-wide days off)
- Generous paid parental leave policy
- Competitive compensation, including stock options.
- Top-quality medical insurance with 100% of premiums
- 401(k) with matching contributions.
- Dental, vision, and FSA.
- $95,000 - $200,000, based on experience
Keywords: Enveil, Baltimore , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Fulton, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!