VMWare Systems Administrator 4
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: November 26, 2022
- Location:Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified
VMWare Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical
professionals in Linthicum, MD.Essential Functions:
- Perform as Senior VMWare System Administrator on large
classified government contracts.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the
organization, with internal or external customers, in written and
- Support the system design and operations of multi-user computer
systems, including coordination with network, software, and system
engineers, desktop technicians, project managers, end users, Gov.
customer and IT management.
- Ensure necessary compliance tasks are completed; direct others
- Analyze internal or external customer requirements and
determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to
problems by means of automated systems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve
the performance and reliability of the system including installing,
upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and
minimize user impact.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors;
evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all
classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the
Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Prepare security documentation for Cyber Security team.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and
- Work under minimal direction and independently determine and
develop approach to solutions.Basic Qualifications:
- Associate's degree and 11 years of experience, or Bachelor's
degree and 9 years of experience, or Master's degree and 7 years of
experience; a High School diploma or equivalent and 13 years of
experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
- Currently active Top Secret security clearance
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain access to program
as a condition of continued employment.
- Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar DOD 8570
security certification. Certification must be maintained as a
condition of continued employment.
- Experience operating under and managing systems within ICD-503,
RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
- Experience gathering systems requirements
- Experience designing complex computer systems
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer
hardware in a networked environment.
- Windows Operating Systems support experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Domain support.
- Ability to scan then patch and harden Windows systems following
- Strong working knowledge of virtual technologies including
- Ability to support and troubleshot remote nodes.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.Preferred
- Microsoft Certification for current versions
- Experience with hyper converged infrastructure technologies
including Nutanix and NetApp
- Knowledge of Cisco network equipment
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)ESSysAdmin Salary
Range: $108,900 USD - $163,300 USD Employees may be eligible for a
discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are
designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow
employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President
or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In
addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including
health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings
plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation
and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees
and their families is a top priority. The company encourages
employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S.
Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be
vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious
accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government
action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate
under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Baltimore , VMWare Systems Administrator 4, IT / Software / Systems , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!