Technician, Field Service (Maryland)
Company: Sysmex America, Inc
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Technician, Field Service (Maryland)
# of Openings
Find a Better Way... ...to use your skills and experience. This is
the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your
knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best
professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives
with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way:
the Sysmex Way. ...to improve the lives of others. Headquartered in
Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned
worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic
equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to
enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile,
resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs
in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow
analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory. ...to build
a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Field Service
Technician. The Field Service Technician (FST) is responsible for
developing the knowledge and expertise needed to move into a
Service Engineer (SE) position and service the Sysmex product
lines. The FST will undergo extensive training to prepare for open
SE positions as they become available. During the training period,
which will last approximately 9 months, the FST will travel
frequently throughout the U.S., when not attending formal training
classes. Upon completion of the training program, the FST will be
utilized to supplement existing territories, support emerging
territories and other field needs for up to six months until they
assume a permanent assignment in a U.S. service district. The FST
is expected to move into an open SE position in a service district
as they become available. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Successfully complete all training to perform the duties of a
Service Engineer (SE).
- During training program, travel to various U.S. service
districts to work with a mentor or assist with SE related
- Upon successful completion of the training program, work as an
SE in various service districts as needed for periods up to six
- Travel during the training period may be up to 90% within the
- Accept an SE or related position after the successful
completion of program.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform SE duties and
responsibilities after training.
- Install, maintain, and repair Sysmex instruments and systems,
- Identifying and analyzing instrument problems.
- Repairing to meet specifications.
- Performing pre-installation site surveys, installations,
scheduled maintenance, and approved modifications in accordance
with Sysmex policies.
- Scheduling modifications as indicated in the Technical Service
Bulletin (TSB) and Engineering Change Request (ECR) processes.
- Monitor and respond to communication devices during all
- Properly document all service related activities in a timely
and professional manner including inventory, service orders,
expense reports, and all other required records.
- Perform duties within defined service standards, including but
not limited to on-time and within labor hour goals for scheduled
maintenance, demand service events, installations, and first-visit
repair rates.Support and provide ownership of technical issues at
existing customer sites. Work cross-functionally with other Sysmex
Associates to ensure total customer resolution and maximize very
satisfied customer base.
- Miscellaneous duties include:
- Maintain expenses within
guidelinesMaintain high level of customer account management and
organization skillsMaintain control of parts inventory and all
company propertyPerform duties in such a manner as to develop
confidence, promote goodwill, and maintain or improve credibility
with regard to quality of products and customer service.
- Promote effective, positive and productive communication and
teamwork between all Sysmex personnel.Percentage of Travel: Up to
50% Physical Risk: Regular exposure to risk that may require
alertness, but with minimal precautions. Physical Demands: Moderate
physical activity. Routine handling of objects 21 to 50 pounds;
continuous (at least 80% of time) walking or inspections, keyboard
or CRT work. May require periods of moderate discomfort due to
noise, dust, lighting and/or other conditions. Individual Education
& Training Required for Position: Training required for this
position is defined and governed in accordance to COP-0013
Associate Training and will be assigned in the LMS. For more
information on our Field Service Technician Program, please visit
- Associates degree or equivalent in electronics, or military
service and training in electronics or equivalent.
- Electronics and/or laboratory science.
- Completion of Sysmex-certified instrument training.
- A valid driver's license or ability to obtain one, within 90
- 0-3 years of experience.
- Must be willing to relocate to any of our service districts
throughout the U.S.
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written; second
language desirable (Spanish, French or Portuguese).
- General computer knowledge in a Windows environment is
required. Basic knowledge of LIS systems and interfacing principles
- Demonstrated ability to explain in simple and understandable
terms complex technical information associated with Sysmex
- Outstanding listening skills, patience and understanding.
- Demonstrated presentation and influence skills.
- Team orientation; demonstrated facilitation skills.
- Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition
(such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a
manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Ability to maintain a high energy level and positive
attitude.This job requires satisfaction of the credentialing
requirements of Sysmex's customers, including hospitals and other
healthcare facilities, which generally includes proof of current
vaccinations for measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox),
and COVID-19. Further, Sysmex's COVID-19 vaccination policy,
consistent with its status as a federal government contractor and
commitment to its customers and to providing a safe workplace for
its employees, requires that, to the extent permitted by applicable
law, all Sysmex employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
by your start date. To the extent permitted by applicable law, any
offer of employment extended will be conditioned upon the
individual's ability to provide proof of current vaccination status
to the extent permitted by applicable law. Sysmex makes reasonable
accommodations when needed for medical or religious reasons.
However, vaccine exemption and other accommodation requests cannot
be granted unless the individual is able, with the accommodation,
to perform the essential functions of the job including working at
customer locations. Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of
race, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability status,
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Sysmex America, Inc, Baltimore , Technician, Field Service (Maryland), IT / Software / Systems , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!