Junior Systems Administrator
Company: Chase Brexton Health Services
Posted on: February 10, 2024
JOB SUMMARY:Under supervision of the IT Director and Chief
Information Officer, this team member will be responsible for the
ongoing maintenance and support of all clinical systems and
associated workflow. Responsibilities will include assisting with
the initial build and configuration, as well as troubleshooting and
problem resolution, of core infrastructure, and related
hardware/software. Maintenance and configuration of clinical
systems and supporting systems, maintaining system back-ups and
performing file and system restorations, as well as working with
software and hardware vendors to facilitate installation or
troubleshooting and repair. Proactively manages Chase Brexton
infrastructure and associated clinical environment ensuring the
consistent performance, recommending configuration enhancements
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Analytical and Critical Thinking
* Assists with the configuration, maintenance, and upgrade rollout,
and continuously improves the organization's operating
* Assist with the operation and maintenance of the onsite data
center as well as any relevant colocations.
* Performs Network Administration tasks as directed, including
performance tuning, troubleshooting network problems, and
escalating problems when appropriate.
* Assist with setup and staging of relevant equipment as
* Systems Administration to ensure basic information technology
security principles are adhered to across the organization.
* Assists with creating and maintaining relevant documentation
related to the network and surround architecture.
* Will assist with the development and maintenance of network and
server systems, applications, security, and related
* Participates in creating and maintaining company's disaster
* Recommends upgrades and patches, as well as new applications and
* Assists with installation of new server level software releases,
system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves
software related problems.
* Assists with system backups and recovery, maintains data files
and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
*Assists with the management of complex, virtualized, VMware
* Participates in the maintenance of Microsoft Group Policy from an
Problem Solving and Decision Making
* Assists with support and maintenance of complex Clinical
Information Systems and related workflows.
* Evaluate and test Clinical Information Systems upgrades and
patches prior to deployment.
* Ensure IT infrastructure meets the evolving requirements of the
Clinical Information Systems.
* Maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the
infrastructure with emphasis on hardware/software which supports
clinical systems. This includes monitoring operating environments,
responding to incidents, and planning for growth.
* Ensure that storage, archive, backup and recovery procedures are
* Assist with the prevention and/or remediation of security network
incidents, unauthorized activities, malware infestations and
potential security vulnerabilities.
* Interact with vendors where appropriate to work collaboratively
on projects or to resolve system issues.
* Identify and participate in projects to improve the environment
on an ongoing basis.
* Provide recommendations where appropriate to IT leadership
regarding infrastructure improvement opportunities.
* Act as an IT liaison between the Chase Brexton IT team and
Clinical teams evaluating workflow and resolving systems related
Checking, Examining, and Recording
* Assist with monitoring and maintenance of LAN and WAN network
devices, firewalls, domain controllers and virtualization
* Monitor performance of the clinical systems and related
infrastructure to ensure optimum delivery of patient care.
* Serve as an escalation path on the help desk as needed for higher
tier issues as they become identified.
* Off hour on call support as required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of networks, servers and
* Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively
prioritize and execute tasks.
* Works well with others or independently depending on the required
* Demonstrated knowledge of system fundamentals, system
administration, network management, computer hardware and software
support and their application to related medical equipment.
* A high level of proficiency and demonstrated effectiveness in
problem solving and implementing new procedures related to
increased departmental/organizational operating efficiency.
* Ability to work 24 hours/day 7 days/week 365 days/year as
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Preferred: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Information
* Required: CompTIA Network certification.
* Minimum of three years of professional experience in information
system role of similar responsibility.
* Training and experience in Microsoft Active Directory
2088-2019/Windows Server configuration and administration required.
Office 365 experience is a plus.
* Training and experience with Cisco network equipment
configuration and administration required.
* Training and experience with industry leading security Anti-Virus
and Encryption suite configuration and administration
* VMware administration experience preferred. VMware certification
recommended. Experience architecting, maintaining, and supporting
complex VMware environments preferred.
* Strong knowledge of network appliances and TCP/UDP routing
theory. Such appliances include the Cisco Catalyst series
professional switches, Cisco ASA, and related ISA or security
* Strong working knowledge of Certificate Authorities and
maintenance of security certificates.
* Experience with HIPAA and Hi-Tech governing rules and
* Required: At least 3 years of experience in a related position or
possess a relevant industry certification (i.e. Cisco CCNA or
Keywords: Chase Brexton Health Services, Baltimore , Junior Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!