Senior Application Developer (C#, ASP.Net)
Company: General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred. The Senior Application Developer must also have experience in the following:
- C# with ASP.Net Web Forms
- Alternatively: Strong development skills in Java and a willingness to learn C#
- Relational Databases
- Deployment with a Web Server CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Application Developer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions. The Senior Application Developer shall have a minimum of a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or Computer Engineering and a minimum of fifteen (15) years of software/system development work experience or a Masters of Computer Science or Computer Engineering (Four (4) years of equivalent related military experience may be substituted for Bachelor degree) with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience with technical expertise in three (3) or more of the following areas:
- Systems Requirements Analysis
- Software System Design
- Software System Development
- Software System Integration
- Software System TestingIn addition to the requirements above the Senior Application Developer shall have at least fifteen (15) years of work experience in four (4) or more of the following:
- Developing software applications in C, C++, or Java.
- Developing software applications for Unix, Linux, or Windows environments.
- Developing DLLs for the Windows environment.
- Development on computer telephony platforms using computer telephony cards such as Dialogic.
- Object-oriented design and programming.
- Working knowledge of common protocols/standards such as TCP/IP, SNMP, H.323, X.25, 802.11, 802.16, SIP, MEGACO, or MGCP.
- Web development, with proven knowledge of XML, php, mySQL, ColdFusion, or Apache.
- Script writing using Perl, Python, Bourne shell, C shell, or other proprietary scripting languages.
- Database experience with Sybase, Oracle, or Microsoft.
- Reverse engineering and analysis of software.
- Kernel knowledge of Unix (Linux)
- Bit-level data analysis Preferred Skills:
- C# with ASP.Net Core and MVC
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- IIS deployment experience
- QuickBuild for CI/CD
- Atlassian Project tools
- ConfluenceREPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Performs software requirements analysis, system integration activities, leads research, designs, develops and tests software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products
- Performs technical planning, verification and validation of others work, cost and risk analysis, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
- Performs analysis for all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, architecture, user experience, test, installation, operation, maintenance
- Applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the development of complex solutions
- Works on the hardest technical problems facing the company, often these problems are unusually complex and require the utmost creativity and innovation
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into software solutions utilizing whatever development lifecycle techniques or model will yield the optimal results (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Researches and analyzes data, such as customer design proposals, market trends, state of technology and industry, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Applies and champions the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
- Participates as a Subject Matter Expert in internal review of software components and systems
- Receives no appreciable instruction on day-to-day work; more often responsible to define the scope, schedule and expectations for the work they execute or lead; assignments may be self-initiated
- Works under consultative direction on predetermined long range objectives
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments for self and teams
- Accountable to lead and manage the completion of major programs and projects
- Responsible for resolution of significant and diverse range of complex problems and issues of broad scope and complexity which require the use of ingenuity and creativity
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations, or failure to accomplish results or errors typically will have a long term negative affect on business segment financial results, company's technological capability and cause business segment to fail to achieve organizational objectives
- Identifies and leads the execution of risk mitigation strategies
- Works on advanced applications that may result in new business and revenues for the company
- Provides leadership and/or direction and/or supervision to lower level employees and teams
- Leads large technical tasks and large teams and projects
- Leads medium to large technical proposals
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments
- Frequently responsible to lead collaboration activities with senior management and leadership within the company
- Frequently responsible to lead collaboration with organizations outside engineering or with external customers and vendors/suppliers
- Frequent contact with Business Development
- Serves as consultant to senior management and customers on projects and applications
- Recognized internally and/or externally as a subject matter expert (SME) in multiple adjacent disciplines/fields
- May serve as company technical spokesperson
- Frequently contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas, applies advanced technical principles, theories and concepts #CJ3
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team! General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc, Baltimore , Senior Application Developer (C#, ASP.Net), IT / Software / Systems , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!