Marketing Technology Architect
Company: Td Ameritrade
Posted on: September 15, 2018
The Marketing Architect is a Senior level position responsible for masterminding the next generation of Marketing Technology capabilities. See yourself connecting business needs to solutions, researching new ideas in the context of current and next gen solutions/platforms. The role must quickly relate to and understand the business requesters drivers, goals and needs; then he/she must translate and articulate those needs in a clear summary that outlines potential delivery scope. Partner with internal and external technology experts and prepare new ideas for handoff to the delivery team. This role will handle multiple ideas in parallel, working closely with the team Project Manager, the Marketing Architect, and the Director of Marketing Technology. This Marketing Architect has a front-row seat to the intake and prioritization process, identifying key stakeholders to speak with and starting to gather information as soon as the idea moves to t-shirt sizing. This role may help set up new programs or facilitate strategy work as assigned. Additionally, the role of the Marketing Architect will:
- Build blueprint that reflects current state architecture of capabilities/tools that support the Marketing value stream
- Create and iterate on future state architecture through research, solution assessments, and incorporation of new ideas/needs
- Create and iterate on an architectural roadmap for the Marketing value stream
- Connect with peers across technology to gather feedback, share ideas, and align with Enterprise Architecture standards and patterns
- Work closely with delivery teams to provide initial architecture guidance and through checkpoints once the idea moves into execution
- Create clear and concise depictions and summaries of initial high-level designs
- Interact and influence the broader T2 and Architecture community as Marketings needs intersect with other groups roadmaps
- Drive or participate in technology vendor discussions, evaluations, and selections
- Thrive in an environment of ambiguity and ideation, helping take those early ideas and make them a reality
- Support the Director, Marketing Technology in other research as assigned for in-flight and on-deck initiatives
- Architectural solutions and design.
- Performs product/architecture design & troubleshooting exercises of extremely high complexity which require extensive research and analysis.
- Leads system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting, architect application security strategies, testing, debugging, and documentation with full awareness of cost/benefit, risk and performance.
- Will be responsible for making complex design choices to be used by the development teams.
- Influences design patterns across the entire enterprise.
- Will interface with Enterprise Architecture & Infrastructure teams on strategic designs and initiatives. Will interface with SRM in the design and development of application security requirements and solutions.
- Execute solutions.
- Leads programming tasks that are typically highly complex. May occasionally lead moderately complex programming tasks.
- Provides review of various development tasks and documentation.
- Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
- Accountable for application security principles including the development of secure coding standards and practices.
- Is a key contributor in client/technology interactions in the development of technology solutions.
- Provide leadership.
- Leads the troubleshooting of complex problems in both development and production environments, ensuring timely resolution of issues.
- Mentors more junior developers, serves as an SME on their system of expertise and directs the work and assigns development tasks of JR. Developers.
- Responsible for the development and documentation of best practices for his/her area of expertise.
- Communicate across various levels of the organization.
- Lead discussions in areas outside of expertise.
- Explain costs and benefits to the business.
- 4 Year College Degree; Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 10+ Years Related Experience, 10-15 Years Total Experience
- 10+ years of (Java, C++, C#, etc.) required
- 10+ years experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- 10+ years experience with distributed systems development
- 10+ years experience with real time, high volume transaction systems preferred
- 10+ years experience with Waterfall, Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies
- Experience working with highly concurrent systems preferred
- Full knowledge and experience of multi-threading and concurrency
- Full knowledge of common software design patterns (Gang of Four)
- Experience working with networking programming and sockets preferred
- Financial services experience preferred
- Experience with real time processing, relational database systems, and data
- Ability to interpret business requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Unix/Linux, Windows
- Demonstrated experience working with core business logic within applications
- Demonstrated expertise in analytical and quality assurance tools, techniques and standards, including performance engineering
- Awareness of current technology trends and emerging standards
- Independently assess risks, benefits and consideration of alternatives and make decision
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
Keywords: Td Ameritrade, Baltimore , Marketing Technology Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Columbia, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!