Company: CGI Group Inc.
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Become part of a team to help a large government agency's office fulfill mandated requirements under the GPRA Modernization Act of 2010 and OMB policy and directives by collaborating with agency components to gather, analyze, track and monitor agency performance data.
The ALMI Dashboard tracks and reports agency level performance data on agency performance goals reported to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and Congress. ALMI serves to visualize progress toward agency goals and objectives for agency executives. It enables executives to access the data via a dashboard and view reports and metrics needed to proactively respond to risks and adjust plans and goals accordingly.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Provide programming support to maintain and enhance functionality of the ALMI Dashboard application and to complete knowledge transfer to agency staff. In this role, the qualified candidate will:
- Provide full range of life cycle activities to code, test and implement application releases in support of ALMI and performance management activities
- Maintain a list of enhancement requests, software bugs and issues
- Review and clarify requirements, business rules, and priorities with project team, application users, and task manager and document requirements
- Provide design proposals, level of effort, and timeline estimates
- Research and recommend programming and business intelligence tools that enhance the development process and application user experience with consideration to tools currently available to SSA
- Meet weekly with SSA project team to discuss status of development. Reach out to SSA team members and project stakeholders as needed by email, in-person, phone or meetings to clarify business needs and requirements
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, and quality control testing on all products prior to release
- Document code, maintain and archive program development and requirements changes by producing:
oProduct system design specifications
- Develop and integrate business intelligence and data visualization techniques and tools into the application to enable users to analyze and make data driven decisions
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Experience with full software/system development lifecycle
- Expertise in developing ASP.NET applications with C# and Visual Studio
- Experience working in Model View Controller (MVC) development
- Experience with SQL Server or comparable mid-tier Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) technology and programming, plus relational database concepts
- Experience extracting and transforming data from a variety of data sources
- Experience documenting business processes and systems
- Experience with data dictionary construction
- Creative and keen problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work independently, conduct research, and present findings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to write formal reports
- Proficiency with software such as Visio, PowerPoint, Excel
List items desired for the Candidate, but not required.
- Existing knowledge of the ALMI Dashboard is preferred
- Microsoft certification in SQL Server, ASP.Net or Business Intelligence a plus
What you can expect from us: Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this changesupporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?*YesNo
Keywords: CGI Group Inc., Baltimore , Application Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!