Senior Java Developer
Company: Eliassen Group
Posted on: February 15, 2019
We are currently seeking to fill a few Senior Java Developer positions working with one of our prestigious clients based out of Baltimore, MD.
We will accept corp to corp or w2 contractors. For our w2 consultants, we offer a great benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance. Responsibilities of the Senior Java Developer:-
- Practical experience across a broad set of technologies from front end, business tier, and back end
- Exceptional technology skills;
- Recognized by your peers as an expert in your domain Craftsman-like approach to building software
- Takes pride in engineering excellence and instills these values within the team and others-
- Participating in the design of effective engineering processes-
- Product development expertise Craftsmanship & engineering discipline Domain skills & experience-
- A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods
- Agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches-
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to employ fact-based decision-making to resolve complex problems, by applying logic analysis, experience and business knowledge- Requirements of the Senior Java Developer:-
- Possess a passion for technology and staying sharp in your craft by keeping on top of new technologies, tools and trends
- Ensure and manage excellent customers relationships
- Demonstrable passion for technology (e.g. personal projects, open-source involvement) while using their problem solving capabilities to deliver solutions utilizing a top end engineering approach-
- Engineer world-class products with maximum efficiency and agility Enable improvement of the engineering team through shaping of tools, processes and standards-
- Interact with Quants and Analysts to understand their workflows and requirements
- Collaborate with your engineering manager to enable a fit-for-purpose application portfolio consistent with the target architecture and operating model Ensure excellent customers relationships
- BS degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, related field, or equivalent practical experience-
- 5+ years of progressive engineering experience-
- Strong interpersonal skills; Able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with quantitative researchers, analysts, traders and senior business people alike
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, demanding and team-oriented environment-
- Advanced Degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computing, Quantitative Finance or other Quantitative, Numerical or Computing discipline-
- Experience building containerized applications and deploying to public or private clouds, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar providers with ECS or K8s
- Preferred open source involvement such as a well-curated blog, accepted contribution, or community presence-
- Preferred experience of open source frameworks and development tools - e.g. NiFi, Airflow, Luigi, Cascading, Scalding, Flink, Storm, Flask, NumPy, SciPy, pandas, Git, Jenkins, Maven, etc
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages-
- Big Query experience (S3, Parquet, ORC, Hive, Redshift, RDS), AWS Lambda and Step Functions, SNS, SQS and NoSQL databases e.g. Dynamo/HBase/Cassandra-
- Preferred knowledge of one or more relevant data processing and database technologies e.g. Spark, Presto/Athena Job ID: 315566
Keywords:- Senior Java Developer, ORC, AWS, RDS, Hive, Redshift, SNS, SQS, NoSQL, Dynamo, HBase, Presto, ES6, Python, Big Query, Spark, Presto, Athena About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients- innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit .
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don-t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check !
Keywords: Eliassen Group, Baltimore , Senior Java Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!