Field Service Engineer - Process Solutions
Posted on: April 18, 2019
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery:
our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays
through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science
and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the
world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and
vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance
Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Field Service Engineer for our Process Solutions business, you
will deliver services to our customers in the Biopharmaceutical
industry in the United States, but also on an international level
throughout North and Latin America, Europe and Asia, for a total of
about 60% of your time.
Delivery of qualification and maintenance services:
* You prepare, execute, wrap-up and document services FAT, SAT,
IQ/OQ, Preventative Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Repair - on
hardware systems used in biopharmaceutical production.
* You investigate customer technical support requests, contribute
to resolving them in the field, and provide feedback for the
improvement of products and services.
* You provide customer training on basic hardware operation and
* You write procedures on specific service test methods and
contribute to maintenance and update of service protocols.
* You support the quotation of services.
* Based on East Coast (Maryland or surrounding), able and willing
to travel domestically and internationally up to 60%
* Bachelor s degree in a technical/scientific discipline such as
Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, with 1+ years direct experience
building, maintaining, installing, and/or repairing Filtration
Systems or similarly complex automated electromechanical
* 3+ years combination of training and direct experience building,
maintaining, installing, and/or repairing Filtration Systems or
similarly complex automated electromechanical systems
* Readiness to acquire and continuously extend technical expertise
on a wide variety of technologies
* Basic knowledge of SCADA and PLC functionality
* Ability to read and understand engineering documentation
(Mechanical, Electrical, and Automation)
* Familiarity with Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF) and
* Ability to work successfully as an individual contributor and as
part of a team.
* Able to comprehend and conform to the requirements of working in
the Biopharmaceutical industry including familiarity with cGMP
* Good communication skills.
* Spanish is an asset.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new
ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse
businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We
trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your
own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and
priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No
employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against
on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or
veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender
status, marital status, or any other classification protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal
Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs
relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation,
benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and
conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes
they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone
acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their
Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately.
The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they
made a good faith report of discrimination.
Keywords: MilliporeSigma, Baltimore , Field Service Engineer - Process Solutions, IT / Software / Systems , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!