Windows/Linux Systems Administrator
Company: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laborator
Posted on: August 24, 2019
Do you love to develop high complex solutions?
Are you searching for meaningful work in systemadministration
support of Highly Classified networks?
Are you passionate about Information Systems
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our teamat
We are seeking a dedicated Systems Administrator tohelp us protect
APL's information technology infrastructure.
As a member of our team, you'll contribute to IS SecurityManagement
and oversight of our Highly Classified information systems
insupport of Sponsor/Program needs. You'll join an impressive team
of technicalspecialists who are motivated by one common goal. We
are passionate aboutsupporting our Program needs. You'll be an
active contributor to the safeguardingof all APL's Sponsor network
systems. With your help, we will provideinformation assurance,
system administration, and systems engineering formainly Windows
and some Linux-based systems in multiple highly
classifiedfacilities. You'll independently identify and solve
technical issues relatingto Information Assurance system hardening
(ensuring system availability,integrity, authentication and
As a Systems Administrator...
- Your primary responsibility will be to provide system
administration, and systems engineering for Windows and Linux-based
systems in multiple highly classified facilities
- You will configure, install, and maintain Windows/Linux
computer systems in a stand-alone and networked
- You will participate in developing complex solutions for LAN
and WAN environments
- You will lock down Windows/Linux computers in a mixed
environment based upon classified security requirements
- You will run user accounts for Windows/Linux systems, reset
passwords, and perform annual computer recertification
- Research, diagnose and resolve complex computer system software
and hardware issues as they arise
- Perform and analyze weekly security audits for nonstandard
- Implement backup solution and ensure a cohesive disaster
- Provide input to security relevant documentation such as
security CONOPS, Security Controls Traceability Matrix's, System
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information
Technology, related field or equivalent relevant work
- Have 2 years experience in Windows or Linux systems
- Experience working in a classified computer facility in
information, intelligence, or security areas.
- Current SSBI required.
- Understanding of computer operating systems, hardware, and
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and the
ability to effectively interact with managers and technical
- Current DoD 8570 certification (Security or CISSP), or ability
to obtain DoD 8570 certification within 6 months of employment
- Hold an active Top Secret security clearance and can ultimately
obtain a TS/SCI level clearance. If selected, you will be subject
to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the
requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility
requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements ifyou...
- Demonstrable experience working in or directly supporting the
Department of Defense or other U.S. government entities
- Working experience with VMware or other virtualization
- Skilled in Cisco networking equipment.
- Some practical experience with programming / scripting
- Working familiarity with Director of Central Intelligence
Directives (DCID) or Intelligence Community Directives (ICD)
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory(APL) brings
world-class expertise to our nation's most critical
defense,security, space and science challenges. With a wide
selection of challenging,impactful work and a robust education
assistance program, APL promotes a cultureof life-long learning.
Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthywork/life balance.
APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metroarea.
Learn more about our career opportunities at
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regardto race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, nationalorigin, disability status, veteran
status, or any other characteristicprotected by applicable
Keywords: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laborator, Baltimore , Windows/Linux Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Laurel, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!