Field Service Engineer-REMOTE-MD, NY, NJ, PA
Company: Bruker Corporation
Posted on: October 13, 2019
As one of the world s leading analytical instrumentation companies,
Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields
of research and development. All our systems and instruments are
designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market
and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life.
We ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50
years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working
on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all
New opportunity based on the east cost USA (NJ, PA, MD) for a Field
Service Engineer to install and provide support for high technology
equipment in research labs of pharmaceutical companies,
universities, and government research labs. Will work with highly
complex equipment (example: Bruker FTIR Fourier Transform Infrared
Spectrometers) which requires an advanced understanding of
electronics and optical alignment.
* Provide on-site installation, testing and customer training of
Fourier Transform Infrared spectrometers. Installations involve
setting up instruments, verifying that the system meets factory
specifications by running complex series of Instrument, Operational
and Performance qualifications. Systems may require the use of
calibrated standards. Secure customer acceptance of install and
* Diagnose problems by in-depth troubleshooting and provide service
for repair of complex optical instruments. Re-qualify the
instrument after service/repair to ensure proper performance of the
* Perform on-site preventive maintenance and validation of
* Organize and prioritize schedule in accordance with customer
requirements to determine needs for immediate attention, onsite
visits, and remote assistance.
* Coordinate with customers to arrange WebEx Sessions, phone
support, and lab facility inspection for new installations.
* Coordinate travel arrangements.
* Attend in-depth product training at our Bruker Optics facility in
* Communicate and work closely with Service and Support
* Perform other duties as required.
* Must be located within close proximity of a major airport
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or related
discipline, equivalent Military training.
* Minimum 4 years experience diagnosing and repairing electronic,
electromechanical and aligning optical equipment. Experience with
FTIR Spectrometers is a plus.
* Proven knowledge of analog electronics, high voltage
circuitry/circuits, laser technology. Strong technical skills
involving analytical instrumentation.
* Excellent customer focus with ability to reliably respond to
inquiries, communicate and interact with customers.
* Excellent verbal, written, MS Office, computer, technical data,
communication and presentation skills, with knowledge of TCP/ IP
protocols, and ability to communicate complex technical issues in
an easy to understand manner.
* Valid Drivers' License issued by state of residence and in good
* Excellent organizational skills with ability to work
independently, prioritize, multi-task, follow through, and meet
deadlines within an entrepreneurial and customer-focused work
* Ability and willingness to travel approximately 70% as
* Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export
control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all
positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their
eligibility in light of export control restrictions.
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits
package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays,
and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Keywords: Bruker Corporation, Baltimore , Field Service Engineer-REMOTE-MD, NY, NJ, PA, IT / Software / Systems , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!