Technical Business Development Lead --- Social Security Administration (SSA)
Posted on: October 19, 2019
Description Job Description:Technical Business Development Lead ---
Social Security Administration (SSA)----Leidos is seeking a
Business Development professional to lead the business development
and capture activities of the Leidos SSA portfolio by building upon
existing SSA client relationships. --This position location is in
Baltimore, MD area, with local and extended travel expected up to
10% of the time. --The position is focused on identifying,
qualifying, and capturing opportunities within SSA programs,
continuing to build the Leidos reputation and business pipeline,
executing the BD process, maintaining a high win probability, and
growing business within the SSA domain.Primary Responsibilities
- Proactively identify new business opportunities.
- Perform market research and understand the clients Strategic
Goals and objectives in order to qualify new business
opportunities, including analysis of customer budgets, technical
capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive
environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and
- Position Leidos capabilities and solutions with prospective
customers, and help develop win strategies and prime/subcontractor
relationships to ensure high win position.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings with customers, competitors,
clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements,
acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle
- Work with program, technical and management team in call plan
development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow
up activities after plan execution.
- Serve as Capture Manager for selected opportunities, either all
the way to award or in the early capture phase.
- Participate as required in the Leidos business development
process, including pipeline reviews, opportunity gate reviews,
black hat sessions, and proposal reviews.
- Collaborate with Leidos Account Managers, IDIQ PMs, other BD
personnel and capture and line management to support cross
enterprise objectives and customer engagement.
- Support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture
activities which support the business development metrics for
awards, submits, and pipeline.
- Interact routinely with various levels of management,
functional leads, other staff, and customers.
- Brief business development status to senior management when
material changes occur and as required by the Leidos business
- Mentor less-experienced business development professionals in
effective business development approaches and techniques.Basic
- Bachelor---s degree, preferred in related technical field, and
15+ years in a Business Development position. (Additional
education, training or experience may be considered in lieu of
- Proven track record of successful business development at a
variety of acquisition sizes within the Federal marketplace.
- Strong influencing, presentation and professional sales
- Experience shaping, winning, and executing U.S. Federal
Civilian competitive contract opportunities
- A good understanding of government procurement and government
contract vehicles with demonstrated working knowledge of the
Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Demonstrated access to key SSA customers and industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant
BD activities, including building industry teams, assessing win
probability, and executing customer call plans.
- Prior experience supporting business development and capture
efforts for Health agencies.
- Candidates must be US Citizens and be eligible to obtain a
security clearance.Preferred Qualifications
- A technical degree is highly desired.
- Strong, respected relationships within the SSA community
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with
limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working
relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in
the Group and across Leidos.
- Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without
- The ability to operate at the senior level and influence,
negotiate and close.External Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for
Telework:YesClearance Level Required:Public TrustTravel:Yes, 10% of
the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition
Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Business DevelopmentLeidos is a
Fortune 500-- information technology, engineering, and science
solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest
challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil,
and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital
missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in
Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately
$10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For
more information, visit www.Leidos.com.Pay and benefits are
fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft
compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do
for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive
compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid
Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.Leidos will
never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of
the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate
with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email
address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that
asks for payment-related information or any other personal
information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin,
citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure,
marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military
status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with relevant laws.
Keywords: Leidos, Baltimore , Technical Business Development Lead --- Social Security Administration (SSA), IT / Software / Systems , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!