Sr. Software Developer - Front End
Posted on: December 5, 2019
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET SCI WITH POLYGRAPH
CLEARANCE**Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a
Sr Software Developer to join our Prime contract team. --JOB
DESCRIPTION:The Senior Software Developer will perform rapid
prototyping to prepare visual displays to present large amounts of
data that is more meaningful to the user. The developer will
rapid prototyping environment.LOCATION: Annapolis Junction,
MDDUTIES TO INCLUDE:The senior software developer will use provide
rapid development to include iterations of data evolution, data
analysis, and techniques to enhance the presentation of complex
data for the analysts. --
- Recommend and/or utilize technologies and approaches in
developing new applications.
- Optimize the visual display of the data using techniques to
enable discovery and value extraction.
- Collaborate with customer team, user experience (UX)
strategist, and data visualization designer to generate web-based
- Maintain awareness of current visualization solutions
exchanging knowledge and advice regarding visualization
- Evaluate, manipulate, format, and analyze data in preparation
for visual presentation.
- Utilize rapid prototyping technologies and techniques to
demonstrate visualization solutions.
- Build, test, and evaluate various data presentation techniques
working with data scientist------s algorithms and human factors
- Prepare software and supporting artifacts for deployment to
production or transfer to other development teams.TYPICAL EDUCATION
/ EXPERIENCE:Bachelor------s Degree in Computer Science will be
considered equivalent to four (4) years------ experience.
Master------s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered
equivalent to an additional two (2) years------ experience.BASIC
(REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS: --
- At least ten (10) years in software development/engineering
including requirements analysis, software development,
installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance,
testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be
able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior
programmer/analysts, as required.
- At least six (6) years------ experience developing software in
an enterprise environment. At least four (4) years of this
experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7)
- At least four (4) years developing software for Windows (2000,
2003, XP, Vista), UNIX or Linux (Red hat versions 3-5) OS and at
least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained
within the last four (4) years.
Language (HTML), CSS, SpringMVC or equivalents for UI developers
and Spring, Hibernate, JPA, Servlets or equivalents for enterprise
Java developers and developing at least one Object Oriented System
- Extensive experience in planning, accomplishing goals,
complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as
a top-level contributor or specialist. Have a firm grasp of modern
computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years------
experience in programming and development of application software
for complex systems, software testing and experience developing
solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated
at least five (5) documents in support of a software development
project and experience designing and developing applications that
contain a user-facing view component.
- Designing and developing applications that contain a
user-facing view component.
develop data-driven visuals.
- Experience with JSON APIs
- Experience using Elasticsearch
- Knowledge of consuming and writing web services
- Familiar with Git for version control
- Familiar with Maven
- Familiar with Accessibility requirements (i.e. 508 compliance
- Knowledge of using Tomcat
- Knowledge of MALLET to for information extraction
- Knowledge of using D3 or any other framework to generate tables
- Experience writing code using Python / Jupyter Notebook
- Experience in Kibana, Splunk, Qlik, or other query and data
visualization / dashboard productsCLEARANCE:Applicants selected
will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet
eligibility requirements; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is
required.BI&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race,color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
disability status.Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Keywords: Boeing, Baltimore , Sr. Software Developer - Front End, Other , Severn, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!