Sr Software Engineer
Posted on: December 5, 2019
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH POLY
CLEARANCE**Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a
-- Senior Software Developer --to join our Prime contract team.
JOB DESCRIPTION:Provide software engineering support for a suite of
high visibility, heavily used reporting and authoring tools to
include --enhancing a suite of complex web applications and
services that provide content management and collaboration in
support of critical missions.LOCATION: --Annapolis Junction,
MDDUTIES TO INCLUDE:Provide software engineering support for a
suite of high visibility, heavily used reporting and authoring
tools and their underlying RESTful microservice infrastructure.
- Collect and document user and system issues.
- Provide required improvements to the product based on a
recommended prioritization by the product owner.
- Work with a team of developers supporting and enhancing a suite
of complex web applications and services that provide content
management and collaboration in support of critical missions.
- Improve software and system architecture for improved
efficiency and reliability.
- Document and update data models, schemas, APIs, and other
technical specifications as needed.TYPICAL
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:Bachelor------s Degree in Computer Science
will be considered equivalent to four (4) years------ experience.
BASIC (REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS: --
- At least ten (10) years in software development/engineering
including requirements analysis, software development,
installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance,
testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be
able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior
programmer/analysts, as required.
- --At least six (6) years------ experience developing software
in an enterprise environment. At least four (4) years of this
experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years. At
least four (4) years developing software for Windows (2000, 2003(or
later), XP, Vista), UNIX or Linux (Red hat versions 3-5) OS and at
least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained
within the last four (4) years.
Language (HTML), CSS, SpringMVC or equivalents for UI developers
and Spring, Hibernate, JPA, Servlets or equivalents for enterprise
Java developers and developing at least one Object Oriented System
- Extensive experience in planning, accomplishing goals,
complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as
a top-level contributor or specialist. Have a firm grasp of modern
computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years experience in
programming and development of application software for complex
systems, software testing and experience developing solutions
integrating and extending COTS products.
- Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated
at least five (5) documents in support of a software development
project and experience designing and developing applications that
contain a user-facing view component.DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Familiar with --Nginx
- Knowledgeable of --MongoDB
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Experience using Git --for control and source code management
(SCM) -- --
- Experience consuming and writing REST services in Java
- Experience with building and deploying software
- Experience with Agile methods, Scrum
- Knowledge of --Spring Boot -- -- --
- Experience with AngularJS --to enhance a suite of complex web
- Familiar with Apache Nifi
- Detail-oriented and thorough in designing, coding, and
- Familiar with Test Driven Development and experience using
Junit, Mockito, JS/UI test using a testing framework
- Proven technical troubleshooting and integration
Applicants selected will be subject
to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility
requirements; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.BI&A
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,
religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability
status.Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (PDF)
Keywords: Boeing, Baltimore , Sr Software Engineer, Other , Glenelg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!