Paraeducator SY 20-21
Company: Baltimore City Public Schools
Posted on: September 18, 2020
Assists teachers and school administrators in planning and
providing classroom instruction to students. Works with students
individually and in small groups implementing lesson plans,
assessing performance, reinforcing instruction, motivating
learning, and assisting with classroom management. Assists teachers
in coordinating instructional activities with other teachers,
resource teachers, parents, and service providers. Employees in
this job class are required to be highly qualified by No Child Left
Behind (NCLB) criteria. May be designated as general education,
special education, Pre-K, or ESOL.Essential Functions
- Provides direct instructional assistance in support of
classroom and learning activities.
- Assists teachers in planning, implementing, and evaluating
instructional lessons, strategies, activities, and materials.
- Assists students individually and in small groups with
instructional activities, skills reinforcement activities, and
other instruction related activities.
- Assists teacher in monitoring and managing student behavior and
in classroom management.
- Assists in administering tests and assessments.
- Observes and gathers assessment data on students.
- Discusses observations and progress of students with
- Prepares a variety of instructional materials, audio-visual
aids, and reports, as requested.
- Assists in maintaining an attractive, neat, and safe
- Performs clerical support tasks including correction of tests
and work papers, maintaining attendance logs, maintaining student
folders and records, maintaining inventory, and reproduction of
instructional related materials.
- Provides support and instructional assistance in writing,
science, computer or other technology laboratory and ensures proper
maintenance and care of laboratory equipment.
- Supervises and monitors students in off-site instruction and on
- May supervise play periods and playground activities of
- May attend to younger children during rest periods.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal
employment and non-discrimination policies; follows federal laws,
state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 22.15 Minimum Salary 19.40 Desired Qualifications
- Graduation from High school or possession of a high school
- At least 48 college credits from an accredited college or
university or successful completion of the MSDE Para Pro
- One year of experience working with children
- Certain positions may require that candidates demonstrate the
ability to operate office, audio/visual, or other related
- Understanding of what motivates student learning
- Understanding of the curriculum in the classroom to which
- Knowledge and competency in business English, spelling
punctuation, grammar and arithmetic
- Ability to exercise patience and composure in working with
children including those who have special needs
- Ability to handle all matters in a professional and
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with City Schools
policies, procedures, and general practice
- Ability to work effectively with staff and children
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and
- Ability to maintain clerical and student records
- Ability to perform routine and non-routine instructional tasks
Full time or Part time Full time Additional Details Qualified
candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum
qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences
and education related to the position to which you are
- Two (2) official transcripts from all colleges attended
- All documentation/certification (copies accepted) to
substantiate minimum qualifications, e.g., copy of MSDE Para Pro
Assessment score report Benefits -- This position is eligible for
benefits. To review the available options please see the
information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the
following link: Notice of Nondiscrimination Baltimore City Public
Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry
or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran
status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and
activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America
and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the
nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity
Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and
Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore,
MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position
is affiliated with the Paraprofessionals and School Related
Personnel (PSRP) bargaining unit.
Keywords: Baltimore City Public Schools, Baltimore , Paraeducator SY 20-21, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!