Penske is an essential business to our customers and
communities, our team is working hard to keep supply chains up and
running. T his position is immediately available and we are
actively recruiting, interviewing and hiring for this role. Please
apply today. We are committed to the health and safety of our
associates, candidates, and customers. We have modified our hiring
processes to include increased phone interviews and where in-person
activities are required, we are practicing social distancing. You
can learn more about our company approach on our main company
career page Gopenske.com.
What’s the Job?
Ready to put your truck-driving career in high gear? Make the
shift and fuel your career as a CDL Class B/Touch Freight/Truck
Driver for Penske. Join a team of professional truck drivers
committed to delivering products safely and on time. We’re proud to
move freight for some of the world’s biggest brands. (Yes, we’re
more than just the yellow trucks.)
You’ll be with a stable, nationwide company that is known for
having the best equipment, great management, clear communication
and a fantastic safety record. We pay every Friday, and for most of
our driving positions, you’re home daily. Yes, daily.
Are you ready to take it to the next level? Come drive for
• Route/activity: Truck drivers are responsible for auto parts
to customers using hand carts and manual pallet jacks. Hazmat
endorsement is preferred, but not required to apply.. Candidates
who do not have their hazmat endorsement will be required to start
the process to obtain it within 30 days and will be reimbursed by
Penske for the cost of obtaining the endorsement.
• Shifts: Routes dispatch around 8:30 p.m. Monday through
Friday. Saturday work required, if available.
• Equipment: 26' straight trucks with lift gates.
• Compensation: Opportunity to earn up to $55K annually. Hourly
pay with overtime after 40 hours.
• Loading, unloading, or assisting in loading and unloading
• Driving your assigned truck safely and responsibly.
• Following all federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or
agency rules, standards and guidelines.
• Reporting problems with your truck, as well as accidents,
traffic violations, and damage before and after route.
• Acting as the main point of contact with your customer.
Why Penske is for You:
• Outstanding company safety record
• Premier Driver Recognition Program
• Home Daily
• Competitive starting salary
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
• Dedicated accounts
• Lots of training opportunities
• At least 22 years of age
• CDL Class B with “H” (Hazmat) and Airbrake endorsement
preferred (but not required)
• 1 years of verifiable straight truck driving experience in the
last 5 years
• 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving
• Reliable and customer-oriented
• Safety oriented
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required
schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske
employment application, submit to a background investigation (to
include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation
or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability
to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is
required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility
for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
• The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be
required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is
frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to
reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly
lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 100lbs/45kg.
• The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle
and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the
rear cargo area.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 9941 Washington Blvd Laurel, MD 20723
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Laurel
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Driver
Req ID: 2006585