Qwaltec is seeking a Satellite Database Engineer on the NASA
GSMO II contract in support of the On-Orbit Servicing, Assembly and
Manufacturing mission 1 (OSAM-1) program at NASA Goddard Space
Flight Center (GSFC). The position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The OSAM-1 mission is a Goddard Space Flight Center Exploration
and In-Space Services (NExIS) Projects Division managed mission.
OSAM-1 is a robotic servicing mission designed to refuel a Low
Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite. It contains 3 elements: the Flight
Element comprised of the OSAM-1 Servicing Vehicle (RSV) and
development testbeds, the Ground Element comprised of the systems
required to conduct satellite operations and their supporting
networks and facilities, and the Launch Element comprised of the
Launch Vehicle and supporting facilities and services. NExIS is
responsible for the design, engineering, development, test and
operations of the OSAM-1 Mission through an integrated team at
GSFC. The Servicing Payload design, development and RSV integration
will be conducted at GSFC.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the verification and
validation of satellite databases to support the Flight Operation
- Support the FOT in meetings with vendors with regards to
database contents. This includes coordinating with spacecraft,
instrument, and ground system vendors.
- Provide support during database installation and testing of
post deployment checkout.
- Coordinate with NASA Integration and Test (I&T) engineers
to understand developments during spacecraft assembly.
- Interface with other spacecraft Subsystem SMEs as well as
Spacecraft and Instrument SMEs for database feedback.
- Support the development of database-related software
- Support the FOT throughout mission.
- Be able to do shift work during mission.
- Support other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years or more related experience;
Masters and 3 years or more related experience.
- Must be able to pass a Government background investigation and
clearance, requiring US citizenship.
- Have a basic knowledge of cloud infrastructure.
- Relational database experience with an understanding of
- Spacecraft subsystems experience in operations or I&T.
- Previous experience/proficiency with tools/languages such as
XML, Perl, etc.
- MS Office skills required.
Qwaltec is a Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) that specializes
in space systems operations. We provide expertise in operations and
engineering, mission readiness, technical training, and systems
engineering for satellite mission control centers. Our vision is to
make a difference on and off the planet, by focusing as much on our
customers and team members as we do on the mission. We strive for
excellence and accountability, and we do everything we can to
exceed expectations while acting with integrity and compassion. We
invest in relationships, and we value openness, honesty, and
fairness in all our endeavors.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Qwaltec is
committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. For more
information, visit qwaltec.com.