Accounts Payable Supervisor
Company: Johns Hopkins Health System
Posted on: November 23, 2020
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SUPERVISOR
Requisition #: 305503
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Nov. 18, 2020
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people
annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part
of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their
families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees.
Career opportunities are available in academic and community
hospital settings, home care services, physician practices,
international affiliate locations and in the health insurance
industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also
have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite
you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare
The Accounts Payable Supervisor who has a solid understanding of
accounts payable principles with strong analytical problem-solving
skills. Incumbent will assist AP Director and provide leadership to
team in carrying out daily operations and recommend adjustments to
meet demand. This person must perform in a way that will guarantee
every effort is made to satisfy the customer while continuing to
build and develop partnerships with our vendors as well as
* General management of staff. Annual evaluations and resolve
personnel and disciplinary issues, and schedule training as needed.
Monitor productivity of staff for compliance with expectations.
Adheres to all financial policies and procedures.
* Responsible for managing the day to day responsibilities AP
Processors. Responsible for reviewing the work queue in Serrala FS2
for PO related invoices and SAP Online Payment queue for non PO
related invoices. Responsible for ensuring work is performed in a
* Ensure expectations of service levels are met. Anticipate
customer needs and initiate action to satisfy those needs.
* Develop and run weekly/monthly metrics to be shared Enterprise
wide via the Accounts Payable Shared Service Dash Board
* Assist in developing and maintaining documentation of processes
centered on maintaining adequate key areas of control within AP
* Develop and foster working relationships with EBS to review
current processes and implement system enhancements to better our
customer s interaction with the system. Additional responsibilities
include: Role assignment and critical role approval for end users.
Involvement in selection and implementation of all EDI initiatives.
Testing of support packs and upgrades.
* Work with OHIA to assist in all audits that impact APSSC and to
foster resolutions to findings.
* Work with APSSC Director and Purchasing (JHHS and/or JHU) to
develop strategies and policies to enhance E-Commerce within the
tools that are being used currently as well as to assist in pursuit
of new opportunities for electronic invoicing and trade.
* As needed, interact with Tax and Legal Offices for both
institutions to ensure APSSC methodology complies with IRS laws and
* Administer JPMorgan and Wells Fargo Single Use Credit Card
* Responsible AP forms, guides and Web are current
* Other job duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or related field
required. MBA preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible related Accounts
Payable experience required.
* Intermediate Microsoft Excel Skills
* Experience in AP automation workflow in a paperless
* Able to work in a fast paced-high volume environment
* Capacity to work remote when required
* Proven track record of AP metric development
* Experience with the development of internal control processes and
* Proven systems integration experience including planning,
evaluation and implementation
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making
* Ability to consistently meet deadlines and SLA s
* High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
* The proven ability to analyze and apply financial policies,
communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and to
establish effective working relationships with all levels of
* Strong critical thinking skills
* Knowledge of PO and Non PO process
* Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
* Strong system skills and ability to learn new systems quickly
* Working Knowledge of SAP
* Experience with Service Now
* Experience with Serrala
* Experience with customer service and working in a professional
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for
our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins
Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain
from using any tobacco products during their work shifts including
while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any
other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore , Accounts Payable Supervisor, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!