Custodial Worker I 12/month - School Based SY 20-21
Company: Baltimore City Public Schools
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Cleans and maintains school buildings and surrounding grounds.
Ensures cleanliness and orderliness of assigned areas. May be
required to move furniture and equipment.Essential Functions
- Sweeps, vacuums, dusts, mops, waxes and buffs floors, hallways,
stairs and building interiors. Operates standards cleaning
equipment such as vacuum cleaners, buffers, and mops.
- Washes windows, walls and ceilings, polishes brass, displays
equipment and other objects. Dusts and polishes furniture.
- Cleans and maintains sanitary restrooms.
- Gathers and transports trash and refuse from assigned areas to
appropriate disposal locations.
- Moves and rearranges furniture and equipment.
- Removes and installs light bulbs.
- May remove weeds and mow lawns. May remove ice and snow from
sidewalks, steps and grounds.
- Expected, with others, to maintain supplies and materials.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal
employment and non-discrimination policies; follows federal laws,
state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 15.73 Minimum Salary 13.77 Desired Qualifications
- Completion of the eighth grade.
- Six months of cleaning or custodial experience.
- Valid Maryland Noncommercial Class C or equivalent drivers
- Knowledge of the methods, materials and techniques of cleaning
and custodial work.
- Knowledge of related basic safety practices and
- Ability to operate and maintain non-complex hand and power
cleaning tools and equipment.
- Ability to work with chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Ability to read, write, and follow directions. Full time or
Part time Full time Additional Details Qualified candidates for the
above position must submit the following:
- Online Application
- Resume and cover letter
- Proof of 8 th grade education Benefits -- This position is
eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see
the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing
the following link: Baltimore City Public Schools does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national
origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic
information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and
provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other
designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the
nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity
Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and
Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore,
MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).
Keywords: Baltimore City Public Schools, Baltimore , Custodial Worker I 12/month - School Based SY 20-21, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!