PPE Assistant, PRN -- UMMC-M
Company: University of Maryland Medical System
Posted on: January 14, 2021
What You Will Do:
Provide support to clinical and non-clinical staff, keeping them
safe through proper donning of correct PPE at the assigned
location, as well as safety removing PPE as they exit, protecting
themselves but also the outside environment from possible
contamination and potential spread of infection.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Assist all who enter the unit with donning the correct PPE (RN,
Pharmacy, providers, Radiology, respiratory, IV therapy, EVS,
dietary, supply chain, dialysis, phlebotomy, visitors).
2. Assist all who exit a patient's room or a dedicated COVID unit
with doffing PPE.
3. Facilitate/Assist cleaning equipment (PAPRs, pharmacy cart, HEPA
filter, X-ray machine, food delivery etc.).
4. Delivery of specimens to the lab.
5. Maintain/Manage supplies (PPE, cleaning supplies etc.).
6. Conduit for questions to Infection Prevention.
7. Respond to Codes and Rapid Responses as assigned to ensure
proper donning and doffing for team.
8. Pull trash if needed.
9. Ensure cleanliness/organization in donning and doffing
10. Responsible to know Infection Prevention practices as it
relates to people, places and things that enter or exit the unit
(touchless handoffs, EVS cart already lives on the unit, PPE
conservation practices, PPE practices in general for those on the
unit). less than or greater than 2 hours).
11. Responsible to support all conservation of supplies and PPE
(reprocessing N95s, utilization of reprocessed PPE versus
12. Other duties and locations as assigned (UMMC Downtown and
Midtown campuses, inpatient, procedural, and ambulatory areas).
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma or GED required
2. BLS preferred
3. Good communication and customer service skills required;
evidenced by experience
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, care, care unit, coronary,
infusion, intensive care, intensive care unit, recovery, registered
Keywords: University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore , PPE Assistant, PRN -- UMMC-M, Other , Parkville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!