Registered Nurse \/ Per Diem \/ Family Practice \/ Shore Medical Group @ Easton, MD
Company: UM Shore Regional Health
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job ID: 85523
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Easton,MD US
Hours of Work: Any/Varies
Job Facility: UM Shore Regional Health
Employment Type: Supplemental/Per Diem
What You Will Do:
We are looking for talented professionals to join our extraordinary
team of individuals at the University of Maryland-Shore Medical
Under limited supervision the PER DIEM Registered Nurse is
responsible for the assessment of patients including the
development, evaluation and modification of the plan of care. The
RN interprets and performs complex patient-care procedures specific
to their area of expertise. RN's are members of the Care Team and
Support Team and have accountability to function as a team to
accomplish patient outcomes identified in the pathway/plan of care.
The Registered Nurse is a professional care giver who assumes
responsibility and accountability for care given to a group of
patients for a designated time frame. The RN provides care to those
patients via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the
environment/technology, and other healthcare team member, according
to established standards. Patients served include all age groups
(Infant through Older Adult as identified in Performance
THIS IS A NON BENEFIT (PER DIEM) POSITION LOCATED ON THE LOWER
EASTERN SHORE IN EASTON, MARYLAND
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Participates as a member of the Patient Care Team by providing
functional supervision and by delegating duties to other care team
members as they provide appropriate direct patient care duties.
2. Carries out performance standards for charge nurse; when
assigned that duty, as delineated in the delivery of care
3. Assigns nursing care responsibilities to staff.
4. Participates as a member of the care team to provide direct care
requiring the skills/qualifications of the RN.
5. Performs assessment/data collection in an ongoing and systematic
manner, focusing on physiologic, psychological and cognitive
6. Formulates a goal-directed plan of care with patient/family
which is prioritized and based on determined nursing
diagnoses/patient care needs/problems and patient outcomes.
7. Functions to establish priorities of patient care based on
essential patient needs and available unit resources of time,
personnel, equipment and supplies.
8. Identifies patient/family learning needs and implements
appropriate measures to meet these.
9. Performs documentation duties on unit and in patient record
which are timely, accurate, concise and legible.
10. Demonstrates competency in selected psychomotor skills as
outlined in generic and unit specific manuals and performance
standards; assists physicians with procedures; implements care in a
knowledgeable, skillful, consistent and continuous manner.
11. Demonstrates appropriate delegation of tasks and duties in the
direction and coordination of healthcare members, patient care and
12. Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to patient/family
rights, as identified with the institution.
13. Demonstrates competence in patient/SO education, as validated
by direct clinical observation.
14. Identifies and responds to patients' need for pain management
from arrival to departure.
15. Evaluates effectiveness of care given by all healthcare team
members in progressing patient toward outcomes.
16. Collaborates with Case Manager to evaluate outcomes and
effectiveness of plan of care.
As a Shore Medical Group employee and a part of the University of
Maryland Medical System (UMMS), you will enjoy a comprehensive
benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind.
Subject to any eligibility waiting period, all of the benefits are
available to regular full-time employees and most benefits are
available to regular part-time employees who are regularly
scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week. Many benefits
are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is
shared between employer and employees.
What You Need to Be Successful:
1. Currently licensed as an Registered Nurse in the state of
Maryland. Successful completion of a refresher course within past 6
months if nursing practice has not occurred within the past 5
2. Current BLS certification or obtained prior to providing direct
patient care is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide
care appropriate to the patient population(s) served. Ability to
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient's requirements relative to his or her
population-specific and age specific needs.
2. Highly effective verbal and written communication skills are
required to interact with patient families, departmental units,
medical and nursing staff on all essential matters.
Demonstrated/documented effective interpersonal skills.
3. Maintains updated hospital safety and other mandatory
4. Updated immunizations as recommended per practice area.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, intensive care, intensive
care unit, maternal, nurse, psychiatric, surgical, transitional,
Keywords: UM Shore Regional Health, Baltimore , Registered Nurse \/ Per Diem \/ Family Practice \/ Shore Medical Group @ Easton, MD, Other , Easton, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!