iLEAD: Fall Orientation Leader
Company: Maryland Institute College of Art
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Welcome to the official site for employment opportunities at
MICA. At MICA, we value diversity and empower our employees to use
their talent in a variety of ways. We are pleased that you are
interested in career opportunities offered at MICA.
General purpose: The Orientation Leaders are ambassadors for
MICA, and facilitate Orientation for first year and transfer
students in the beginning of Fall and Spring Semester.
Summary of Essential Functions
- Orientation Leaders (OLs) are ambassadors for MICA.
- Facilitate Orientation for first year and transfer students in
fall and spring.
- OLs play an active role in every program at Orientation, take
initiative to create a supportive environment for new students
throughout the year, and thoroughly understand our campus
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the check-in process on move-in day.
- Help new students move into their residence halls.
- Give new students campus and neighborhood tours.
- Eat meals with new students.
- Play icebreakers and create campus community through small
- Host evening socials like Extreme Bingo and Game Night.
- Answer questions and be a resource to new students
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with new students and
teammates, via email and in-person
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and the ability to
work collaboratively with others
- Must be currently enrolled MICA undergraduate student at time
- Must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- A desire to serve the MICA community
- $200 stipend
- Meals during trainings and Orientation
- Orientation t-shirts
Conditions of Employment
Application Timeline & Details
- Applications close March 1, 2021
- Individual Interviews- March 8-19, 2021
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of job, the
employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and
arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally
lift up to 0-25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the
job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of the job, the
employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate or
For more information, please contact Jenn Ramsdell at
410.225.2284 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Maryland Institute College of Art is committed to its policy of
providing equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed,
national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital
status, age, disability, or veteran status (disabled, Vietnam-era,
or otherwise). Furthermore, the College does not tolerate any form
of sex discrimination, including sexual harassment or sexual
violence. This policy applies to all programs, facilities, and
activities provided by Maryland Institute College of Art, including
but not limited to admission, educational programs, and
Applicants must apply online for each job in which they are
interested. You will not be considered for any job for which you
have not specifically applied. We do not accept applications via
email, U.S. mail, or fax. Successful candidates for any staff or
faculty positions will be subject to a pre-employment background
MICA provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with
disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process,
please contact Human Resources at 410-225-2363.
Keywords: Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore , iLEAD: Fall Orientation Leader, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!