Company: Maryland Live Casino
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Function (Scope and Main Purpose of Job)
The Sportsbook Supervisor is responsible for the operations of a
specific area of the Sportsbook during assigned shift including but
not limited to approving or denying wagers from customers,
scheduling of staff, and ensuring compliance with state and federal
Core Service Standards
CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while
maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance
SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through
creating a worry free, carefree experience.
FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet
service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye
contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns.
Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both
for everyone who works and plays here
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervises Sportsbook cashiers; ensures all transactions are
performed according to Company policies as well as state and
- Monitors all monies being wagered.
- Approves or denies wagers from guests in conjunction with the
Risk and Trading team.
- Maintains Sportsbook vault.
- Conducts sweeps/bankroll increases on cashier drawers as
- Monitors performance, conducts basic maintenance, and customer
experience on kiosks.
- Handles escalated guest disputes in the Sportsbook.
- Reports issues and discrepancies to management
- Advises management of any operational concerns.
- Assists with training, developing, measuring performance,
disciplining, and/or scheduling department staff, as assigned.
- Enforces Company's Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains high visibility throughout the Sportsbook.
- Provides outstanding customer service in a timely manner to
both guests and fellow employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time
pressures in an interruptive environment.
- Broad variety of tasks and deadlines requires an irregular work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented
- Experience in sports or online gaming highly desired.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in dealing with employees and
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 1+ years' experience with cash handling and sportsbook betting
- 1+ years' ticket writer/cashier experience preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain valid gaming license as
determined by the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Commission for
- Ability to stand for a long period of time with basic range of
motion (bending, twisting, reaching etc.).
- Ability to speak for a long period of time.
- Ability to lift 20 to 30lbs.
- Ability to work in a high energy casino environment exposed to
bright lights and noise.
- Use of going up and down thirty-one (31) stairs multiple times
per day and elevators.
- 24/7 high energy casino with up to 100,000 sq. ft of gaming and
entertainment space and up to 500 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights,
and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
Keywords: Maryland Live Casino, Baltimore , Sportsbook Supervisor, Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!