Director of Business Development, Strategic Accounts - Lower Northeast
Company: Empyrean Benefit Solutions
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The sales representative will have a broad understanding of
employee benefits technology and services. This individual will
excel at generating leads, building relationships, and closing
deals in the strategic employer market space (1,500 -5k). The ideal
candidate will be a quick learner with strong negotiating skills,
and the ability to showcase our products and services in a
compelling way. Often tasked with delivering complex presentations
while leading and coordinating sales support teams, it's essential
that our sales rep be organized, personable and professional.
- Accountable for achieving Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) sales
goal. Achieves and exceeds ARR goals through sales strategy
delivery, sourcing new customers and maintaining and building
productive long-term relationships with channel partners.
- Represent our company's products and services, starting with a
deep and comprehensive understanding of those products and
- Responsible for engaging channel partners such as brokers,
consultants, advisers and carriers to build relationships that lead
to qualified leads.
- Responsible for engaging employers directly to build
relationships that lead to qualified leads.
- Execute a consultative sales strategy.
- Deliver systems demonstrations.
- Achieve sales goals by assessing prospect needs and following a
defined selling process, often utilizing product demos and
- Effectively partner, develop and own deal strategy with your
sales leader, the transition team, and other sales support
resources at the appropriate time in the selling process.
- Precise and detailed activity tracking utilizing the company
tools and following the company defined process for tracking
opportunities and activities. Develop and implement territory
action plan through comprehensive data analysis, and adjust sales
techniques based on interactions and results in the field.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets
that will generate pipeline and qualified leads.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from marketing
- Demonstrate knowledge, delivery skills and techniques for
educating influencers and employers of the Empyrean products and
- Demonstrates strong sales strategy ability, crafting and
presenting client offers and helping the team identify and navigate
alternative paths to making the sale.
- Build a valid and qualified pipeline to exceed
- Develop and foster an environment of teamwork, collaboration
and trust with sales support, marketing, product and
- Collaborates with an aligned client (prospect) team to ensure
mutual understanding of the opportunity and the ability to deliver
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity,
closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Partner with your sales leader to identify marketing events
such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events; along with
Empyrean supported events that will expand relationships and
Empyrean brand in the development and support of you market
- Develop and manage marketing campaigns in partnership with
marketing and your sales leader.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3+ years of experience selling technology and services to
Strategic Employer (1,500 -5k)
- Proven experience in building and developing client
relationships with Brokers, Consultants and Employers
- Proven ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Proven ability to develop and maintain business development
territory that includes prospecting
- Proven ability to execute a thorough sales discovery
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Up to 50% travel
- Relationship building experience necessary
- Channel sales experience preferred
- Experience in selling HCM, payroll, health and welfare benefits
or benefits administration Services
Keywords: Empyrean Benefit Solutions, Baltimore , Director of Business Development, Strategic Accounts - Lower Northeast, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!